Global Eagle EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/28/2016 1:07:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Commercial Analyst jobs in London-UK
Search all Commercial Analyst postings
Full Time Job
Commercial Analyst (London or Knutsford)
Global Eagle Entertainment | Commercial Analyst
Located in either Knutsford, England the E.M.E.A Shared Service Centre (“SSC”) or London, England finance team requires an experienced Commercial Analyst with the Finance Ops team for its Global locations. The role is strategic and reporting focused.
Supervised by the Finance Ops Controller, the Commercial Analyst will be responsible for planning and reporting for the CSP clients. This position will have exposure to all aspects of the Content and CSP business. The Commercial Analyst will provide a diverse array of financial support on a wide variety of topics, it will primarily interface with Sale teams in preparing client offer and supporting them. In addition, the Commercial Analyst will also:
• Work closely with International FP&A team, the Finance Ops Controller and Vice-president Finance to assess client's financial trends and develop appropriate financial action plans.
• Become the "go to" person for his/her list of CSP clients and Sale team members for financial matters relating to CSP and Contents, understanding latest performance, macro environment and significant risk and opportunities.
• Working closely with Finance team to understand key variances and pressure points to budget targets for his list of client's supported.
• Provide in-depth and insightful strategic and financial analysis.
• Evaluate opportunities to improve CSP client performance, including the preparation and analysis of financial models to evaluate new business opportunities.
• Monitor ongoing business performance and prepare presentations that communicate both business results and operating issues and opportunities to the CFO.
• Conduct ongoing review of financial and operating results with finance Ops team to insure the Company and business units meet or exceed financial targets.
• Assist with preparation of key pitches including monthly operational reviews, quarterly financial results, estimates and planning
• Liaise with the Sale team members in European and Middle-Eastern, American and Asian locations.
• Provide financial analysis and counsel to Sale team, local management and the Head office.
Qualifications and competencies
• Fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CA or CPA – qualified by experience will be taken in to consideration
• 5 years’ experience preferred in progressive cross-functional finance positions covering both Product Supply and Business decision support roles.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong integrator, with a working business and supply chain acumen and the ability to see and communicate inter-dependencies to key stakeholders to ensure an optimal overall result.
• Proven track record of delivering business process excellence and multi-million dollar cost savings
• Experience with Oracle ERP or equivalent accounting systems
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
• Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
• Proactive and independent