Global Eagle EntertainmentMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
C Web Developer
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. is the leading full service provider of both content and connectivity to the worldwide airline industry. Through its combined content, distribution and technology platforms, Global Eagle provides airlines and the millions of travelers they serve with the industry’s most complete in-flight entertainment (IFE) offering.
Thanks to its DTI Software subsidiary, the world leader in IFE products, the best brands in casual gaming are available on planes. DTI specializes in developing and integrating cutting-edge entertainment software. It commands more than 90% of the global market in in-flight games and supplies popular game licensing to the majority of the world’s airlines. DTI holds exclusive licenses for the most sought-after brands, delivering an unmatched entertainment experience airline passengers can enjoy from the comfort of their seats.
Supervised by the development manager, the job incumbent will develop multimedia applications (e-reader, e-menu, e-shopping, etc.) or games for in-flight entertainment systems used by millions of passengers. The developer will work in an open-minded team that collaborates regularly and interacts with development teams, graphic artists as the Quality Assurance department.
More specifically, the person will be required to:
• analyze project specifications and provide suggestions relevant to the project.
• work on existing applications and games for maintenance.
• solve problems – alone or in a team – due to technical limitations for certain platforms.
• may create new product or work on tools/framework.
• estimate deadlines.
• carry out preliminary tests.
• carry out necessary adjustments following recommendations from quality assurance.
• update documentation throughout development.
• Minimum of college or university degree in computer science
• C programming experience
• Experience in Windows and Linux development
• Knowledge of Visual C or GCC
• Understanding of Android development life cycle is an asset.
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
• Team spirit
• Communication skills
• Ability to manage priorities
• Excellent problem-solving skills
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.