Avionics Network Technician
Global Eagle EntertainmentLombard, IL
Full Time Job
Avionics Network Technician (2nd Shift)
The NOC Technician position monitors, troubleshoots and maintains the GEE system on customer airline aircraft as well as the associated satellite and ground network systems to ensure 100% reliability and customer satisfaction. Technicians interface with partner airlines around the world to perform these duties.
• Provide support and assistance for primary and secondary level aircraft monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Provide support and assistance for primary and secondary level satellite and ground network monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Participates in additional support functions related to NOC and Operations department as needed.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability:
• Proven troubleshooting skills
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be computer proficient using Microsoft Office software and other software products
• Experience working with computers and laptops for purposes of maintenance, troubleshooting problems, upgrading network system components
• Linux experience a plus, but not required
• Desire to grow and learn new technologies
• Strong commitment to customer service
• Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Good decision making abilities a must
• Flexibility to support 24 / 7 operations
• Ability to work second or third shift and weekends a must
• 7-8 years of pertinent IT administration experience progressively moving toward a speciality in Storage Administration
• Expert level on storage array installation, configuration and administration (NetApp, EMC, Nimble and other brands)
• Experience in storage allocation, upgrades and optimizations standards
• Experience in storage performance tuning
• Implementation and analysis of proactive monitoring tools
• Installation, configuration and administration of networking components related to storage
• Hands-on deployment and administration of VMWare platforms
• Experience on DR, backup and archival systems (Commvault, Symantec Netbackup, Backup Exec, VEEAM, ASG Atempo, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
• Has worked in a media content, post-production or other large storage environment
• NetApp certification (NCDA, NCSE)
• VMWare certification
• Microsoft MCSE or MCP certification
• CCNA certification
• Experience on file transfer systems: Signiant, Aspera, Smartjog
• Experience on the following products: HP Flexfabric, NetApp FAS/E-Series/StorageGRID, ASG Atempo, EMC Celerra/Isilon/VNX
• Experience on digital media workflow, encoding or transcoding software (Digital Rapids, Selenio)
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.