Accounts Payable - Oracle Specialist
Global Eagle EntertainmentMarina Del Rey, CA
Full Time Job
Accounts Payable – Oracle Specialist (3 month assignment)
Global Eagle Entertainment
1. Monitors and audits activity in assigned accounts for accuracy.
2. Balances and reconciles assigned accounts; researches and reconciles discrepancies.
3. Works closely with A.P. department to ensure Facilities A.P. processes are accurate and timely (review of invoices, approvals, travel, p-card and fuel card activity and reconciliations).
4. Assists with Purchasing processes based on college standards and guidelines of procurement by entering and monitoring requisitions and e-quotes.
5. Provides support by responding to inquiries and advising on policies and procedures relative to Financial Services and Facilities departments.
6. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes financial data.
7. Assists with Facilities’ new budget development and year end budget and procurement close-out processes.
8. Participates in quarterly Budget training and annual Budget Prep training/assistance.
9. Back-up Facilities Accounting Supervisor as needed and/or requested by attending Facilities meetings, responding to requests, etc.
10. Responsible for more complex institutional account monitoring, including but not limited to postage and fuel chargebacks. This includes following up with collections from the department using the service.
11. Responsible for handling questions from budget managers, including the Associate Vice President of Facilities and their direct reports.
12. Responsible for working independently to manage encumbrances for P-cards, fuel cards, and travel to include preparation of formal forecasts of fund availability based on trends and upcoming activity, recommendations regarding where surplus/deficit funds could be realigned to/from, and reworking of complex budget realignments and multi-line encumbrances as necessary.
13. Analyzes and reports on P-card trends and makes recommendations on activity that should be handled via the BO process and activity that can be handled via P-card. 14. Performs other duties as assigned.—
Qualifications and competencies:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience of accounts experience with exposure to billing processes and A/R,
• Experience with Oracle ERP or equivalent accounting systems
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
• Excellent English written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.