Accountant - Revenues & Margin
Global Eagle EntertainmentKnutsford, UK
Full Time Job
Accountant – Revenues & Margin | Global Eagle Entertainment
The business is creating a Shared Service Centre (“SSC”) finance function within the Knutsford office and requires an experienced Accountant – Revenues & Margin. This team member plays a critical role in the organization as he/she will cover all aspects of revenue and cost of sales for European and Middle-Eastern locations. The SSC consists of 18 employees in Knutsford.
Supervised by the Accounting Manager - Revenues & Margin, the Accounting Manager - Revenues & Margin will be responsible for the monthly revenue and the cost of sales for a portfolio of the region’s clients and will have an exposure to all aspects of the business. The Commercial Manager will:
- Through knowledge of contracts ensure that revenue and margins are correctly reported in line with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly sales and margin reports, variance analysis and explanations.
- Prepare deferred revenues and accrued revenues schedules and journals.
- Working with account management and operations, prepare timely and accurate contract sales invoices and supporting analysis.
- Proactively follow-up with clients regarding overdue debt and invoicing queries to improve collections.
- Review purchase order and cost reports for licence fees, technical services and prepare appropriate cost accruals.
- Calculate royalty accruals arising from content delivered.
- Assist in improving invoicing processes ensuring all activities are invoiced completely, accurately and timeously.
- Assist in improving revenue and cost of sales activities and processes, applying these to all contracts and documenting these.
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and summaries for Senior Management as required.
- Maintain effective SOX controls and documentation.
- Liaise with the owners of the P.O. system and Oracle to resolve technical issues.
- Supports the Vice-president and Finance and Revenues Manager to deliver overall financial requirements and targets.
- Works closely with Ledger Manger EMEA for the month-end close and review.
- Liaise with the sales team members in European and Middle-Eastern locations.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors to support financial and SOX audits.
Qualifications and competencies
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CA or CPA;
- At least 5 years post/qualification experience gained in commerce or industry in a non/audit role
- Experience with Oracle accounting system is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Good understanding of accounting theory and US GAAP
- Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Excellent knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable and billing
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive and independent
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) is a worldwide provider of media content, technology, and connectivity solutions to the travel industry. Through the industry’s most comprehensive product and services platform, Global Eagle Entertainment provides airlines with a wide range of inflight solutions.
These include Wi-Fi, movies, television, music, interactive software, as well as portable IFE solutions, content management services, e-commerce solutions and original content development. Serving over 150 airlines worldwide, Global Eagle Entertainment delivers exceptional quality and value to its customers to help them achieve their passenger experience objectives. The company’s headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California, with offices and teams located in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Oceania and South America.