Accountant - Revenues & Margin
Global Eagle EntertainmentKnutsford, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 12:07:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accountant - Revenues & Margin jobs in Knutsford-UK
Search all Accountant - Revenues & Margin postings
Full Time Job
Accountant - Revenues & Margins | Global Eagle Entertainment
The business is creating a Shared Service Centre (“SSC”) finance function within the Knutsford office and requires an experienced Accountant – Revenues & Margin. This team member plays a critical role in the organization as he/she will cover all aspects of revenue and cost of sales for European and Middle-Eastern locations. The SSC consists of 18 employees in Knutsford.
Supervised by the Accounting Manager - Revenues & Margin, the accountant will be responsible for the monthly revenue and the cost of sales for a portfolio of the region’s clients and will have an exposure to all aspects of the business.
The accountant will:
• Through knowledge of contracts ensure that revenue and margins are correctly reported in line with GAAP.
• Prepare monthly sales and margin reports, variance analysis and explanations.
• Prepare deferred revenues and accrued revenues schedules and journals.
• Working with account management and operations, prepare timely and accurate contract sales invoices and supporting analysis.
• Proactively follow-up with clients regarding overdue debt and invoicing queries to improve collections.
• Review purchase order and cost reports for licence fees, technical services and prepare appropriate cost accruals.
• Calculate royalty accruals arising from content delivered.
• Assist in improving invoicing processes ensuring all activities are invoiced completely, accurately and timeously.
• Assist in improving revenue and cost of sales activities and processes, applying these to all contracts and documenting these.
• Preparation of reports, presentations, and summaries for Senior Management as required.
• Maintain effective SOX controls and documentation.
• Liaise with the owners of the P.O. system and Oracle to resolve technical issues.
• Supports the Vice-president and Finance and Revenues Manager to deliver overall financial requirements and targets.
• Works closely with Ledger Manger EMEA for the month-end close and review.
• Liaise with the sales team members in European and Middle-Eastern locations.
• Liaison with internal and external auditors to support financial and SOX audits.
Qualifications and competencies
• Fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CA or CPA;
• At least 5 years post/qualification experience gained in commerce or industry in a non/audit role
• Experience with Oracle accounting system is a plus
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
• Good understanding of accounting theory and US GAAP
• Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
• Excellent knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable and billing
• Strong analytical skills
• Proactive and independent