Accountant - Ledger
Global Eagle EntertainmentKnutsford, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2016 4:07:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accountant - Ledger jobs in Knutsford-UK
Search all Accountant - Ledger postings
Full Time Job
Accountant - Ledger| Global Eagle Entertainment
The business is creating a Shared Service Centre (“SSC”) finance function within the Knutsford office and requires an experimented Accountant. You will be part of technical accounting team for UK, Europe and Middle-East locations. The SSC consists of 18 employees in Knutsford.
Supervised by the Finance Manager E.M.E.A., the Accountant - Ledger is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely financial reporting’s of all GEE E.M.E.A. entities. This team member plays a critical role in the organization as he/she will interact with various internal departments. Prepares and analyses financial information to allow the organization to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth.
More specifically, the person will be required to:
• Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, booking, reconciling and reporting financial results.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for E.M.E.A. corporations.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Assist the Finance Manager E.M.E.A. to ensure all financial close deadlines are met.
• Prepare and review all types of monthly journal entries.
• Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare monthly Interco balance reconciliations.
• Maintain effective SOX controls and documentation.
• Prepare financial reporting for GEE.
• Prepare the accounting and reporting for capital expenditure and prepaid.
• Prepare review of intangible assets.
• Assist the annual and quarterly audit processes both with external auditors and with the Group’s internal auditors.
• Liaise with the US SSC in connection with all the above as required.
Qualifications and competencies
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
• Qualified ACA/ACCA with at least 2 years post/qualification experience gained in commerce or industry in a non/audit role
• Experience with Oracle accounting system is a plus
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
• Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and fix