Accountant - Billing Assistant
Global Eagle EntertainmentKnutsford, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2016 1:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accountant - Billing Assistant jobs in Knutsford-UK
Search all Accountant - Billing Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Accountant – Billing Assistant - Temporary| Global Eagle Entertainment
Located in Knutsford, England, the E.M.EA. Shared Service Centre (“SSC”) finance team, the company requires a Billing Assistant for its European and Middle-Eastern locations. The SSC consists of 18 employees in Knutsford.
Supervised by the Revenues and Margin Manager E.M.E.A., the Billing Assistant will be responsible for billing clients, supporting revenue and cost of sales accounting and cash collections for the E.M.E.A. business. In addition, the role holder will also:
• Prepare sales invoices and supporting schedules for issue to GEE’s clients.
• Create sales invoices/credits/adjustments accounting entries within Oracle financials.
• Assist in the preparation of deferred and accrued revenues schedules.
• Prepare account receivable and other related reconciliation reports.
• Prepare monthly account receivable aging reports and distribute these to key account personnel and sales personnel.
• Undertake credit control and collection activities.
• Assist in the preparation in the monthly sales and margin analysis and reports.
• Prepare monthly PO and cost reports and analysis to support cost of sales reviews and accruals.
• Collating, analysing, manipulating and uploading sales files from multiple sources into the royalty database.
• Preparation of royalty journals, inputting into the financial system, ensuring all accounting entries (vendors, advances, recharges, etc.).
• Liaison with the wider business to provide/acquire accounting information.
• Continuously apply internal controls under SOX to ensure adequacy and adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Liaise daily with sales teams in Los Angeles and E.M.E.A. office locations in Madrid, Manchester, Dubai, and Amsterdam.
• Handle administrative and accounting oriented duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and competencies
• Minimum 2 years’ experience of accounts experience with exposure to billing processes and A/R,
• Experience with Oracle ERP or equivalent accounting systems
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
• Excellent English written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results