Digital and Disc QC Supervisor
Giant InteractiveBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Giant Interactive is growing! If you have previous QC experience supervisor, a keen eye for detail and a passion for film and television, consider joining our team!
The Digital and Disc QC Supervisor will support all quality control areas of Giant Interactive's digital operations. This role is a combination of hands on QC operator and shift supervisor to help coordinate daily workflow.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 year QC experience in digital distribution (iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Google, Hulu, etc) and DVD/Blu-ray/UHD. A keen attention to detail is essential. In this role, the QC Supervisor will perform technical evaluations of all audio and video elements, compare features, content, and functionality to project specifications, identify issues and inconsistencies, and verify that end products align with client preferences. The job also entails working with the video tech department to schedule daily priorities. In addition to linear QC of feature and episodic content, the QC Operator will also be able to conduct iTunes and other digital delivery package QC reviews of contents and metadata and navigation reviews of DVD, Blu-ray, and UHD Blu-ray discs.
• Linear QC reviews of digital video/audio files
• Creating and adjusting QC checklists and reports
• Double checking other QC operators reports for errors
• Act as the ''go-to'' for all issues in the QC department and accurately communicate those issues to rest of the team
• Establishing daily priorities and assigning tasks
• Working in Final Cut Pro, Premiere CC, Switch day-to-day workflow
• Evaluating quality of and checking for errors in digital video/audio assets
• Describing and identifying severity of issues in video/audio assets
• Confirming basic technical requirements
• Submitting reports based on findings
• Error checking and verifying XML documents prior to delivery
• Navigation QC for DVD and Blu-ray (as needed)
• 3+ years of digital entertainment QC experience
• IMF experience a huge plus
• Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro
• Knowledge of QC processes
• QC experience of both physical materials and digital files
• QC experience of metadata and xml documentation
• Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to clearly and succinctly describe QC issues
• Familiarity with basic film/video concepts, such as resolution, frame rate, NTSC, PAL, HD, UHD
• Experience in machine room loading/playing tapes
• Technical understanding of the various tape and codec and container formats
• Knowledge of file formats, digital file delivery and/or digital platforms and platform specifications
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong organization skills and ability to manage a heavy workload
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Exceptional customer service skills
• MAC and PC proficiency
• Highly developed problem solving skills
• Flexible in work schedule hours
About Giant Interactive:
We are an award-winning agency providing interactive, video and digital distribution services for the entertainment, media and sports markets. We have more than 10 years of experience producing high quality solutions ''by any means digital.''
Position: M-F Day Shift 9:30 AM -- 6:00 PM, (shift times subject to change)
This is a full-time role with benefits package after 3 months of employment.
In email subject line, please write: QC Supervisor candidate: YOUR NAME Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online