Digital Video Technician
Giant InteractiveBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Giant Interactive, a Digital Media Studio providing complete services for Digital Delivery, DVD/BD, OTT, and Mobile is looking for an individual to help capture and process video at the Burbank studio location.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 4 years of experience working with various formats of digital video sources and encoding. Great opportunity for someone who is a team oriented, technically skilled, and systems oriented.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Expert on video framerates and sizes
• Understanding of different video and audio codecs and containers
• In depth knowledge of various compression techniques including MPEG2 for DVD, H264 for Blu-ray, WMV, MPEG-4, MPEG-1
• Experience with various subtitle and captioning formats for physical and digital media
• Video machine room experience, understanding of various a/v connections such as BNC/SDI, XLR, RS-422, RCA, etc
• Ability to capture and layback to VTR (Digibeta, HDCAM, HDCAM SR) and knowledge of the various tape formats
SOFTWARE: Adobe CC Suite, Apple Final Cut Studio, Cinema Craft SP3/Xtream/CC-HDe, VirtualDub, AVISynth, Sonic Scenarist SD/BD, MacCaption, Captionmaker, Dolby Media Tools, Oxygen XML Author
HARDWARE: PCs and Mac workstations, Aja Kona 3, Blackmagic Decklink, HDCAM SR VTR, Video sync Generators, DA-88, DAT.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work with minimal direction while managing heavy workload
• Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
• Flexibility to switch among different tasks day to day and with work schedule
• Enjoy work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Positive, can-do attitude and team player
• Exceptional customer service skills.
Position: M-F Day Shift
Job Code: DVT-LA-091316
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online