Director, Analytics (Digital)
GSN TVSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
GSN is a multimedia entertainment company that offers original and classic game programming and competitive entertainment via its 80-million subscriber television network and online game sites. GSN's cross-platform content gives game lovers the opportunity to win cash and prizes, whether through GSN's popular TV game shows or through GSN Digital's free casual games, mobile and social games, and cash competitions.
Position: Director, Analytics (Digital)
Reporting to: VP, Research
Location: Santa Monica, CA
GSN is looking for an experienced, passionate data analyst (with an emphasis on digital analytics), with a superior proficiency in data science, to be trusted with the innovation and application of critical insights for GSN's suite of properties (GSN TV network, GSNTV.com, GSN Now mobile app, over-the-top video products, social media, and more).
This Research Department-based role will be a key player on the team, working cross-functionally with all departments to communicate digital data, insights and strategy.
The ideal Director will be responsible for… (not limited to):
• Driving digital analytics to impact digital strategies for GSN's suite of digital properties
• Analyzing consumer data (quantitative and qualitative), incl: consumption trends, traffic patterns, segmentation, focus testing
• Developing new approaches to understand the current and prospective GSN consumer
• Driving improvement in our data methodologies, systems, and processes
• Generating actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques, such as: predictive statistical modeling, customer profiling, survey design, and data mining
• Providing thought leadership to the business and key stakeholders
• Supporting multiple departments in growing cross-platform audience and engagement
Candidate must be someone with the desire to build an empirical and data-driven culture, is able to distill and translate large data sets into actionable insights and recommendations for business that are clear, concrete and rational, across all platforms with a focus on digital. Ideal candidate would be someone who ''lives'' in numbers and has a passion for digging through data and finding a story to tell.
You must have…
• Willingness to embody our culture of being collaborative, a self-starter, competitive, passionate, bold, distinctive, innovative, creative and able to have fun!
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ability to multi-task effectively; Well-organized and a self-starter
• Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Data Fluency: Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (Macros, Pivot tables, vlookup, manipulate large data sets timely and effectively, etc.)
• Ability to build data automation across disparate systems
• Data Visualization and Socialization: Ability to display data visually, creating powerful dashboards and presentations which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables
• Proven success in the development and use of structured approaches to identifying audience behaviors/patterns and recommending strategies for resolution and/or expansion
• Extensive experience with digital measurement (Google Analytics, ComScore, Social Listening Tools, DMP inputs)
Required Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Math (or applied quantitative field); Business, Finance (or related field)
Preferred: Master's Degree in Statistics, Math (or applied quantitative field); Business, Finance (or related field)
Required Minimum: 5+ years working in Research/ Mathematics, digital analytics and/or data science
*Familiarity with syndicated Research software: NPower, NCS/NBI, Star Trak, Rentrak ODE
*Experience with conducting analysis in Python, SAS, or similar analytical language, and usage of relational databases and SQL
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter
Please indicate ''Director, Analytics (Digital)'' in subject line for immediate consideration.
As part of its commitment to employees, Game Show Network provides a comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision and 401(k), and a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office.
Game Show Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Please indicate ''Director, Analytics (Digital)'' in subject line for immediate consideration. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online