Assistant, Programming & Development
GSN TVSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
GSN is the leader in game show entertainment across multimedia. GSN presents original and classic game programming and skill-based competitive entertainment and games via its 80-million subscriber television network, the GSN.com website and its position as one of the leading casual games companies in the world. GSN's cross-platform content gives game lovers the opportunity to win cash and prizes, through GSN's popular TV game shows and GSN Games free casual games, mobile and social games, and skill-game tournaments. GSN's television network is distributed throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Canada by all major cable operators, satellite providers and telcos. GSN is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and AT&T Entertainment Group.
Position: Assistant, Programming & Development
Reporting to: VP, Development
Location: Santa Monica, CA
GSN Santa Monica is looking for an assistant to support the Original Programming and Development team, serving as an office liaison communicating with internal GSN divisions as well as the external business and creative community.
You will be responsible for (not limited to):
• General administrative duties including: answering phones, scheduling, calendar management, expenses, copying and faxing, filing and planning all travel arrangements for executives
• Coordinating and prep materials for meetings
• Conducting research on request and maintain a general awareness of industry trends, formats, talent and competitive environment
• Actively participating and contributing in development and production department meetings. This includes brainstorm sessions, title sessions, and pop culture recaps
• Covering for other department assistants as needed
You must have…
• The willingness to embody our culture of being collaborative, a self-starter, competitive, passionate, bold, distinctive, innovative, creative and able to have fun!
• Have strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• The ability to work well with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
• Have a sincere interest in pop culture, reality TV and learning about the entire reality TV process from show pick up through production and post
• Have the desire to grow your career in alternative programming and/or talent and casting
• Tech savvy
• Will be a team player
• Have knowledge of current alternative programming.
• Solid experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
Required Minimum: BA/BS Degree
Required Minimum: 1-2 years' experience assisting an agent or executive, preferably at an agency, studio or production company
As part of its commitment to employees, Game Show Network provides an industry leading benefit package, flexible work hours and a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office.
Game Show Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Please indicate ''Assistant, Programming & Development'' in subject line for immediate consideration. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online