Analyst, Research & Advanced Measurement
GSN TVSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
GSN is the leader in game show entertainment across multimedia. GSN presents original and classic game programming and skill-based competitive entertainment and games via its 80-million subscriber television network, the GSN.com website and its position as one of the leading casual games companies in the world. GSN's cross-platform content gives game lovers the opportunity to win cash and prizes, through GSN's popular TV game shows and GSN Games free casual games, mobile and social games, and skill-game tournaments. GSN's television network is distributed throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Canada by all major cable operators, satellite providers and telcos. GSN is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and AT&T Entertainment Group.
Position: Analyst, Research and Advanced Measurement
Reporting to: VP Research
Location: Santa Monica, CA
GSN is looking for an Analyst, Research and Advanced Measurement with a passion for television and superior proficiency in data management, capable of building and maintaining large scale databases, delivering key insights and identifying trends from the collected data. The ideal candidate should demonstrate significant knowledge of media and entertainment measurement, including digital and OTT metrics, and show resourcefulness in deriving actionable information from large volumes of data. We are looking for someone who ''lives'' in numbers and has a passion for digging through data and finding a story to tell.
The ideal candidate will:
• Provide and build detailed and strategic analysis of various collected data. Deliverables include: syndicated daily overnight ratings, universe estimates, audience growth stories, trend analyses, demographic, lifestyle and industry reports.
• Develop and structure approaches to identify audience behaviors/patterns and recommend strategies for resolution and/or expansion
• Have extensive knowledge of and be able to use research software NPower, NLTV, NCS/NBI, MyEvents, Star Trak, and Rentrak ODE to produce, maintain and distribute business intelligence across related teams, on a regular basis
• Create powerful dashboards and presentations which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables
• Build data automation across disparate systems is
• Possess strong experience in data fluency and proven results in data analysis, interpretation, presentation and delivery
You must have…
• Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (Macros, Pivot tables, vlookup, manipulate large data sets timely and effectively, etc.)
• Familiarity with digital measurement (Google Analytics, ComScore, DMP inputs) is preferred but not required
• Willingness to embody our culture of being collaborative, a self-starter, competitive, passionate, bold, distinctive, innovative, creative and able to have fun!
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ability to multi-task effectively; Well-organized and a self-starter
• Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
2+ years of Research experience in a national cable network or TV operator environment
Education Qualifications: BA Degree
Master's Degree in Business or related field preferred
Any individual that is interested can send their resume and cover letter
Please indicate ''Research Analyst'' in subject line for immediate consideration.
As part of its commitment to employees, Game Show Network provides a comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision and 401(k), and a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office.
Game Show Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Please indicate ''Research Analyst'' in subject line for immediate consideration.. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online