FoxThe Woodlands, TX
Full Time Job
The Fox Network Center – Woodlands is seeking a Transmissions Administrator to join their team. The position is responsible for acquiring transmission facilities, via satellite, fiber optic, Private Line Network, etc. for the various networks doing business with Fox Networks & Engineering & Operations - Woodlands. Duties include creating transmission sheets and feeds; updating the facility scheduling databases; informing appropriate departments of same-day schedule changes; and confirming service orders to ensure broadcast quality
• Facilitates the acquisition or creation of program feeds and remote transmissions, as requested by regional network clients and management
• Creates, updates and maintains the transmission information in the facility's ScheduALL applications
• Enters and updates feed information in each program as needed - calls various departments to inform them of same day changes to the schedule
• Interacts with regional sports network personnel in order to check on services
• Re-confirms service orders prior to the day of air to ensure broadcast quality
• This position requires a high school diploma or equivalency although a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Radio/TV or commensurate work experience is preferred
• Basic knowledge of sports and cable television is helpful.
• Minimum of 1-2 years' experience working in a television broadcast operations environment is preferred. Prior experience working in a Network Operations Center ''NOC'' environment is desirable.
• The ability to multitask, coordinate projects, meet deadlines and make quick decisions while managing a high volume of work with a focus on detail
• Applicant needs strong anticipation and troubleshooting skills with ability to compile, calculate and report data for tracking purposes
• Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work flexible hours, work schedule change every two months
• Ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful and the individual must have the ability to work overtime as requested
• The ability to adapt quickly to new circumstances in different environments is necessary
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and SharePoint along with intermediate to advanced math skills are also must haves
The Fox Network Center – Woodlands is a mission critical, 24/7 facility functioning under Fox's Networks, Engineering and Operations arm. The facility handles engineering, operations and play out for all FOX's Regional Sports Networks.
The Fox Networks Engineering and Operations Group (NE&O) is the group that is singularly responsible for the receipt, uplink, delivery and distribution of all networks wholly or partially owned by FOX, Inc. NE&O is a 24/7 mission critical operation which supports business units in six distinct locations – three (3) in Los Angeles, California (Pico, Playa del Rey and 1440 Sepulveda); one (1) in The Woodlands, TX; one (1) in San Francisco, CA; and one (1) in New York, NY. Overall, NE&O has over 1000 full-time equivalent employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law