FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/23/2016 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Administrator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Media Administrator postings
Full Time Job
Under general supervision, the position is responsible for the cataloging, tracking and delivery of all media assets supporting NE&O and their clients. This includes both physical and file based assets. This position is responsible for the maintenance and organization of all metadata associated with various media assets, in order to ensure easy accessibility.
• Fills media requests for all NE&O departments and various internal and external clients including broadcast operations, post production, sports production, and various post houses via work orders, Media Asset Management (MAM) system requests, or via Media Center service counter, phone, or email.
• Assists in maintaining Media Center tape system by filing/re-filing tapes per established Media Center shelving order (alpha-numeric) to ensure easy accessibility and retrieval.
• Catalogs material into Media Center Media Asset Management (MAM) database to ensure quick and accurate retrieval of media assets. Performs routine data cleanup in Media Asset Management systems to ensure assets meet metadata standards. Performs automated file ingest along with verification of accurate metadata.
• Create records in Media Asset Management database (and physical assets if needed) for program records and syndication deliveries.
• Follow established Media Asset Management nomenclature for the identification and recycling of media (physical & virtual) based on production and broadcast schedules.
• Driving to other Media Center sites to transfer stock/media or to off-site storage facility to retrieve archived material.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field is desired by not required. / One or more years of experience in a fast-paced corporate or production environment desired. Experience with digital file processing and delivery preferred.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management. / Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required. Knowledge of Media Asset Management (MAM) systems and SchedulAll is helpful.
• Must be able to perform basic mathematical computations and be able to think and work in multiple time zones.
• The ability to work independently and be resourceful is favored. The model candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking with attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent follow-up skills.
• Must have extremely good organizational skills, customer services skills, and must be able to work effectively under daily time constraints in a high pressure environment. The ability to work a flexible schedule is required, including holidays and weekends. The position is expected to participate in cross training within the department. A valid driver's license and ability to drive is required.
The Fox Networks Engineering and Operations Group (NE&O) is the group that is singularly responsible for the receipt, uplink, delivery and distribution of all networks wholly or partially owned by FOX, Inc. NE&O is a 24/7 mission critical operation which supports business units in seven distinct locations - three (3) in Los Angeles, California (Pico, Playa del Rey and 1440 Sepulveda); one (1) in The Woodlands, TX; one (1) in San Francisco, CA; one in Charlotte, NC; and one (1) in New York, NY. Overall, NE&O has over 1000 full-time equivalent employees. Candidates who seek employment with NE&O must be available to work 24/7.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.