Jr. Producer - Features
Full Time Job
The Big Ten Network is searching for a Junior Producer of Features to join their team in Chicago. This position is responsible for conceiving and producing assigned high-end storytelling features. Duties include idea generation for feature stories, requesting and executing interviews in the field, capturing creative footage to tell the stories, media management in the field, creating social/digital content in the field and logging interviews and b-roll. The incumbent will also be working with an editor to edit features and overseeing implementation of various special projects. Strong idea generation, interviewing and writing skills are essential. Ability to edit and operate cameras preferred.
• Producer features from the field, including conducting interviews and working with Camera Operators.
• Edit features for shows-occasionally will edit voiceovers, opens, teases, and topicals.
• Attend production meetings and conference calls, as required.
• Contribute show ideas.
• Develop feature stories with input from Production and Coordinating Producer.
• High school diploma or equivalency - Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on broadcast communications preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience as an Associate Producer with a broadcast or cable network is necessary.
• Previous experience in interviewing subjects, editing, logging tapes and post production is required.
• Good oral and written communication skills are needed, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of production personnel.
• A strong knowledge of statistical fundamentals as related to the sports business is needed.
• Strong idea generation, interviewing and writing skills are required.
• The ability to edit and operate cameras is preferred.
• Good organizational and project management skills are necessary.
• A demonstrated ability to work without supervision in a high pressure environment is essential.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary, as well as proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
• Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours.
A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 800 events, all in HD, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. BTN2Go is the 24/7 simulcast of BTN that delivers live and on-demand programming via the internet, smartphones and tablets to customers of participating video providers. Events include football, men's and women's basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Olympic sports and championship events; studio shows; and classic games.
The network televises and streams more Olympic sporting events and women's sports than has ever been aired on any other network. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation's finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is in more than 52 million homes across the United States and Canada, including carriage by all the major video distributors, such as DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Rogers Cable, Shaw and Shaw Direct (Canada) and approximately 300 additional video providers across North America. For additional information, go to www.BTN.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.