FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 5:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Executive Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive Assistant postings
Full Time Job
The FX Networks Original Programming department is seeking an Executive Assistant. This position is responsible for coordinating and disseminating information and materials pertaining to development projects, and scheduling meetings and events associated with the FX suite of networks, as well as evaluating material and talent, and tracking submissions.
• Coordinates and distributes materials pertaining to original programming to internal departments, FX productions and studio partners. Ensures other departments have the materials needed to execute their responsibilities related to the FX suite of networks.
• Evaluates material (Scripts, Rough Cuts, Outlines, Submissions), including reading scripts and outlines, and watching rough cuts.
• Manages communication between the Current/Development departments and studios/productions, including scheduling meetings, conference calls, events, and any other types of communication related to a series that comes from or pertains to the networks' responsibilities.
• Manages delivery of incoming scripts/cuts and tracks shooting schedules. Keeps an accurate account of every-changing distribution calendars submitted by Production.
• Schedules meetings, coordinates scheduling, makes travel arrangement and performs various administrative tasks.
• Four-year college degree required, preferably in film, broadcast, journalism or communications
• 3 years entertainment experience at a talent agency, studio or network is required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Must have strong skills utilizing Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Must be a highly organized, task-oriented person who wants to grow with the FX suite of networks
• Due to a high volume of information and material flowing through the department, must be able to manage and disseminate it punctually, properly and confidentially
• Must be able to evaluate material and think analytically in relation to projects
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 92 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain and the upcoming Taboo, Legion and Snowfall; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story and the upcoming Trust and Feud; acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Archer, Baskets, Better Things and Atlanta. In 2016, FX received a basic cable record 56 Emmy® Award nominations and a basic cable record 18 wins, including 9 for The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. FX's roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Mike & Molly. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 79 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst and Man Seeking Woman. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, the late night animated block Animation Domination, and acquired hit series such as In Living Color, Mad About You and Parks and Recreation. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 55 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.