Executive Assistant, Communications
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2016 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Executive Assistant, Communications jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive Assistant, Communications postings
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the EVP and SVP of Communications, as well as providing general assistance to the Public Relations department.
• Provide administrative support to the EVP and SVP of Communications. Answer phones, organize meetings and keep notes, maintain schedules and records, make travel arrangements and process expense reports.
• Provide support for the PR department as needed, including shipping packages, keeping the department organized, escorting talent and proofreading.
• Assist at premiere events and help the Director of Talent Relations maintain RSVP lists.
• Assist the Travel & Finance Administrator in the coordination of talent travel and invoice coding.
• Oversee check-in at press events (e.g., TCA) and help the Media Relations team as needed.
• Assist with the distribution of press materials, and help maintain master media list of television reporters and Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
• Organize, maintain and distribute press clippings for all FX series.
• Four year college degree in communications or related field is preferred.
• At least 5 years of administrative experience and previous experience supporting an SVP or above preferred. Previous entertainment experience is preferred.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to handle stressful situations and various personalities diplomatically. Must be professional and a team player.
• Must have good math skills and above average attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word (including mail merges), Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Must be motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, personable, reliable, self-assured, and able to manage a high volume with minimal direction. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints in a fast-paced environment is essential.
• Position demands confidentiality and the ability to work well with senior executives, media personnel and talent.
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 93 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain, Tyrant and the upcoming Taboo; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo and the upcoming The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story; acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Archer, Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, Baskets and the upcoming Better Things and Atlanta. FX's roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Mike & Molly. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in more than 79 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst, Man Seeking Woman and the upcoming The Untitled Tracy Morgan Project (TBD). FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, the late night animated block Animation Domination, and acquired hit series such as In Living Color, Mad About You and Parks and Recreation. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in more than 54 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.