Digital Media Manager
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/5/2017 4:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Digital Media Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Digital Media Manager postings
Full Time Job
We are seeking a highly collaborative and technically-savvy Digital Media Manager to oversee the entire Avid storage (High and Low resolution), Front Porch Archive and NAS storage functions for Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket, ensuring all media is properly ingested, cataloged and delivered.
• Manage entire Avid storage (High and Low resolution), Front Porch Archive and NAS storage, including archiving, deleting and restoring.
• Ensure all media is properly ingested, cataloged and delivered for Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket.
• Provide expertise/knowledge on best practices, capex needs and working with engineering on maintaining our system.
• Coordinate media with/between Team Partners, Production, Web, Sales and Outside Vendors.
• Oversee 1 staff media coordinator and multiple ingest personnel to ensure proper workflows and fulfill daily requests and records.
• Manage all Avid Projects including Original Programming, Pregame shows, games, teases, and daily requests.
• Manage P2, SD cards, tape stock and hard drives.
• Create and Maintain our Vantage Workflows.
• Maintain and Manage the FS West FTP Server and fulfill FTP/Aspera/Signiant file based transfers with all outside sources.
• Manage our Vimeo page for viewing and downloads; manage and fulfill DVD requests.
• Book original programming and other feeds to and from FS West.
• Master of codec compatibility; ingest and output.
• Troubleshoot Avid Media Composer issues.
• Manage Tape library storage on site and at Iron Mountain.
• Manage/ upload Emmy and Telly Award show entries.
• 5-7 years of Broadcast or Digital Media experience with expertise in Content Management or Digital Asset Management systems.
• Must have hands-on experience managing a media library (both physical and digital) with media cataloging practices and standards required.
• Experience configuring and maintaining media asset management software or database programs is essential.
• Technical knowledge of Avid Media Composer, FTP servers, codec and media ingest.
• An overall knowledge of television production/broadcast operations is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
• Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills are required.
• Must have track record of successfully building relationships and cross-department collaboration.
• Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail are necessary.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
• The ability to multitask and effectively manage a team while under daily time constraints in a high pressure environment is required.
• A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.