Clerk, A - Accounting
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an Accounting Clerk for our Television Participations Group. The position reports to the Executive Director, Television Participations, and is located on the Fox Studios Lot in Los Angeles, 90064. This is a Union OPEIU Local 174 position.
• Prepare the more complex television participation distribution statements in accordance with contractual obligations on a timely basis.
• Perform research as required to ensure the accuracy and completeness of participation statements and compliance with overall departmental policies and procedures.
• Analyze accounting system reports and journal entries for accuracy and prepare necessary accounting reconciliations.
• Compile and gather financial data from various accounting systems as needed to prepare the participation statements.
• Prepare quarterly gross receipts schedules of various media for submission to the Residuals Department.
• Prepare vouchers, payroll memos and wire transfer requests for approval and input into the accounts payable system.
• Assist in participation audit related support, as needed.
• Perform other related accounting duties, as assigned.
• The successful candidate will possess outstanding accounting skills with a background cultivated in a sophisticated financial environment.
• Solid analytical and communication skills and ability to multi-task and function at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with accounting and legal/contract agreements.
• Must be pro-active, self-starter, quick learner, detail oriented and able to work independently.
• Must possess a strong professional demeanor and be a team player.
• Previous experience in television and/or motion picture participation accounting and/or in the entertainment industry a plus.
• Proficiency with spreadsheet and financial applications.
• Must have college accounting degree or have completed extensive accounting coursework.
• Ability to work occasional overtime as required.
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer