Associate Producer-News & Documentary
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2016 12:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Producer-News & Documentary jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate Producer-News & Documentary postings
Full Time Job
Work closely and independently with National Geographic Magazine photographers and editors, managing all elements of video content production and delivery. Ideate, create and conceptualize videos, and then occasionally shoot and often edit videos for publication on various NGP platforms. Assure that legal binders are completed and all deliverables are secured for NGP video production records.
• Create and conceptualize, deciding course of action for video production to accompany National Geographic magazine articles, including research and set up of interview subjects and scenes. Provide guidance to photographers and video freelancers, and receive and organize their video from the field for edit. Using independent judgment to negotiate and debate with photo editors and text editors over best course of action for video coverage of magazine articles
• Video shooting, and editing on Adobe Premiere, using independent judgment in all areas of production. Decides how video is presented in final form. Coordinates re-versioning with social video teams
• Assure that legal binders are completed and all deliverables are secured for NGP video production records
• Create and conceptualize, deciding course of action for video production in news videos, often to accompany National Geographic digital news articles
Please include links to a video portfolio, reel, or examples of completed productions in your resume or cover letter.
• Bachelor's degree is required
• At least 2 years of experience in video production with an emphasis on editing is required
• Ability to use independent judgment to research and set up video production
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Google Analytics
• Advanced knowledge of camera and audio equipment operations
• Ability to travel 10%
National Geographic Partners LLC, a joint venture between National Geographic Society and 21st Century Fox, combines National Geographic television channels with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic Studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, location-based entertainment, archival sales, catalog, licensing and e-commerce businesses. A portion of the proceeds from National Geographic Partners LLC will be used to fund science, exploration, conservation and education through significant ongoing contributions to the work of the National Geographic Society.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.