Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Full Time Job
Traffic ManagerPosition Summary:
Responsible for all activities of the Traffic department including scheduling of commercials & programs, processing commercial copy and developing the Federal Communications Commission log. Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising staff.
• Provides day-to-day supervision in the Traffic department (linear and digital) encompassing scheduling of commercials to maximize inventory utilization, developing and accurately formatting the Federal Communications Commission log and approving and processing commercial tapes by assigning work priorities
• Coaching and counseling employees either directly or through subordinate staff, administering discipline, hiring and terminating as required.
• Provides sales management with required information on available inventory, rates, status of specials, etc.
• Reviews and evaluates traffic orders for completeness and accuracy, resolves scheduling discrepancies with traffic personnel.
• Researches and resolves daily log discrepancies.
• Identifies equipment needs of the department, recommends and participates in equipment purchasing decisions, requests equipment maintenance as needed.
• Frequent contact with various departments regarding scheduling-related matters. Occasional external contacts with buyers/agencies to clarify agency instructions and with rep firm sales staff to discuss order-related matters.
• Supervises traffic staff on a daily basis either directly or through subordinate staff members in scheduling commercials, developing FCC logs and approving commercial copy.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
Must have previous media traffic experience. Knowledgeable in all aspects of traffic and an understanding of interdepartmental relationships involved in the overall operating of the department. Must have expertise in traffic-oriented computer systems, WideOrbit preferred. Must have management skills to train and direct a variety of work activities of the subordinate staff.
Requires the ability to maintain a positive working relationship with clients and traffic staff while adjusting the commercial format to maximize inventory utilization and company profit. Requires the ability to select, train, and effectively manage the staff, working under deadline pressure, to produce an accurately formatted daily programming schedule. Requires the use of independent judgment in decision-making process.
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. F