Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Full Time Job
KDVR / KWGN in Denver, CO is searching for a highly-organized journalist to join our Assignment Desk team who has excellent communication skills, covers news aggressively and is able to develop enterprise stories that will help us stand out from the competition.
• Plan and coordinate news coverage with managers, producers, reporters, photographers and other news department personnel. Research and set up stories, confirm appointments with interviewees. Ensure efficient use of resources.
• Maintain the assignment board and newsroom computer system with the most up-to-date information about stories and crew locations.
• Confirm court cases and keep track of upcoming dates.
• Monitor law enforcement and fire/emergency frequencies on scanners.
• Participate in editorial meetings and pitch stories. Publish stories to web and post to social media platforms, as needed.
• Book guests and interviews as needed for special reports and projects.
• Actively cultivate sources for story ideas
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Minimum of three years experience on an Assignment Desk.
• Team player and multi-tasker with strong news judgment and a sense of urgency.
• Must be proficient on social media, with an understanding of how to best utilize Facebook, Twitter and other platforms.
Must be willing to submit to a background check.
Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.