Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Full Time Job
KDVR Fox 31 in Denver is looking for an experienced Managing Editor to help run the day to day operations of the KDVR/KWGN newsroom. We are looking for a strong leader who is aggressive, competitive and creative!
• Responsible for overseeing the assignment desk, planning and reporters
• Use of strong editorial judgement, writing/storytelling and organizational skills to steer the newsroom team to deliver news better than anyone else in the market
• Make decisions on breaking stories to place the stations in a position to be the go to authority for breaking news
• Help cultivate unique story ideas and tips with an astute journalistic sense
• Work closely with reporters to develop and refine their professional skills and coach performance of direct reports as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience required
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Journalist
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a news manager in a medium to large market
• Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media.