Intern - TV Station
Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Location: Denver, CO
Reporting To: News Business Manager
Interns will have an opportunity to perform duties in the fast-paced environment of a news gathering operation. KDVR/KWGN off the unique experience of working under two television stations housed in the same facility, broadcasting two morning shows simultaneously, produce and air two daily entertainment programs and provide five hours of nightly news coverage. Interns will explore various aspects of the newsroom including Reporting, Photography, Production, Assignment Desk, Sports and Digital Media.
To be eligible:
• You must be 18 or older and a registered student in good standing at an accredited college or university
• Preferred completion of junior or senior level of education
• Must be receiving college credit for participating in this program
• Must be able to work the hours required by the department (Depending on assignment, hours may include early mornings, evenings and/or weekends)
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
To apply, provide a cover letter, resume and proof of school registration with your on-line application.
For college credit, please include a letter of credit written by your advisor that confirms you will receive college credit for the internship. Applications will not be processed without these items.
It should be clearly understood that KDVR/KWGN internships do not lead to employment with this television station.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.