Intern - Talent & Public Relations, Events
Flying TelevisionNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Talent & Public Relations, Events jobs in New York-NY
Search all Intern - Talent & Public Relations, Events postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Celebrity-Based Talent Booking & Brokering,Public Relations, & Event Marketing firm with headquarters in New York City's Flatiron District is seeking hard working, eager interns that want to dive head first into the entertainment industry.
Flying Television works in all areas of the entertainment business. In order to be considered, applicants must possess an insatiable thirst for pop culture, knowledge of celebrities, and a desire to understand the industries that ''star power'' cultivates. FTV not only thrives on ''the now'' but also on ''the next.'' FTV interns will interact with celebrities, their representation, magazine editors, and Fortune 500 executives.
In addition, we are currently seeking fashion interns for the handbag line, Comes With Baggage. Founded by Flying Television's CEO, Lori Levine, Comes with Baggage is a salvage mission to unearth incredible bags that deserve to be seen and heard. With her meticulous eye and quirky taste, Levine travels the world obsessively searching for bags with the perfect shape, size, color, and fabric.
Applicants must be tech savvy with a comprehensive understanding of Mac OX, Microsoft Office for Mac (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop and knowledge of various social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc). Interns will be introduced to industry specific databases and outlets (ex: CisionPoint).
Applicants must possess an upbeat, positive attitude & strong work ethic. You must have fantastic oral and written communication skills, be well organized, and have a strong working knowledge navigating Manhattan.
FTV's internship program provides unparalleled interaction & proximity with all members of the company. Interns gain hands-on experience, working on projects with all members of the company, including the CEO. FTV's interns have the privilege of experiencing many roles in the business, further enhancing their education and understanding of the industry.
FTV offers college credit for participation in the internship program.
· Daily Celebrity News & Gossip Consolidation If there are no interns, the assistant must send out
· Working Celebrity Red Carpet Events
· Celebrity Designer Wardrobe Liaison
· Creation/Distribution & RSVP Management of VIP Invitations to Celebrity
· Maintaining Celebrity Event Images Database/Catalog
· Post-Event Press Management & Organization
· Celebrity Gift Bag Coordination and Outreach
· Administrative Duties
· Managing sample tracking and master inventory
· Background in Events, PR or Fashion preferred
· Hours and days are flexible
· Understanding of Microsoft Office and social media outlets
· Maintain a professional manner when dealing with high profile celebrities
· Knowledge of Photoshop is a bonus, but not required