Disbursement Specialist - Residual Payroll
Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Employer: Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
Location: Encino, CA
Post Date: 7/28/2016
Department: Accounting Department
Reports to: Manager, Accounting
Industry: Non Profit/Film & TV
Annual Salary: $38,000-$40,000 DOE; excellent benefits
DISBURSEMENT SPECIALIST-RESIDUAL PAYROLL
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund seeks a professional to join our Accounting/Finance Department.
A fantastic opportunity for an administrative professional with an interest in Accounting/Finance. The Fund is a dynamic 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization providing support to film musicians and the entertainment community worldwide by ensuring the collection, processing, and distribution of residuals generated by their talent and services.
The Disbursement Specialist-Residual Payroll associate works within the Fund's Finance Department to support a variety of payroll functions, as well as assist the Department as needed. This position requires a high degree of professionalism and discretion, as it involves exposure to and handling of confidential Fund information.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primarily provide payroll support to Accounting Department, including but not limited to:
• Process valid Federal/State, Court-ordered, other Wage Deductions/Garnishments/ Orders, including correspondences related to 'RESIDUAL' payroll.
• Complete and process verifications of employment/income, including but not limited to: requests from banking/financial institutions and various government agencies (i.e., IRS, Franchise Tax Board, EDD, SSA, Child Support Services)
• Process timely payroll tax remittance/deposit to California and New York, US Federal, Canadian and Quebec agencies. Keeping up-to-date tax liability records.
• Process monthly reconciliation of General Ledger accounts related to payroll. Assist with monthly closing of financial records.
• Process 'Exceptions' (positive pay) daily. Place Stop payment order if necessary. Prepare necessary journal entries.
• Assist with other Finance Department matters (e.g., accounts payable & payroll functions; audit and budget preparation; other duties as assigned)
• Prepare, edit, and format documents in Microsoft Word/Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Photocopy, scan, mail, and fax documents
• Maintain department records, including organize, label, and file
• Facilitate meeting preparation by compiling materials needed
Perform other related duties to support the department, as assigned:
• Perform a variety of technical payroll accounting duties to assure Participants (Musicians or Beneficiaries) are paid in an accurate and timely manner
• Prepare, maintain and assure accuracy of a variety of automated and manual records and reports related to the payroll function.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain, as directed, current knowledge of laws, codes, regulations and pending legislation related to the residual payroll function as directed
• Prepare quarterly/annual report for Federal and State agencies
• Proof Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, or Payroll journal transactions. Assisting in reviewing AP, FA, or PR batch report.
• Communicate with other Fund departments and outside agencies to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns regarding garnishments, taxes, third parties on behalf of participants, etc.
• High School diploma required; Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
• 2 years related work experience preferred (ideally, payroll processing experience)
• Knowledge of accounting procedures preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics preferred
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter
• Must have integrity, honesty and ethical mentality
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding payroll and financial information
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work with deadlines, and learn concepts quickly
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• A positive attitude
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
$38,000-$40,000 DOE; excellent benefits- 35 hour work week
Email cover letter, resume, and salary history
Additional Instructions: Please type ''DISBURSEMENT SPECIALIST-RESIDUAL PAYROLL-(your name)'' in the subject line.
NO phone calls please. NO Recruiters please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online