Coordinator, Contract Compliance
Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Employer: Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
Location: Encino, CA
Post Date: 9/21/2017
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Contract Compliance
Reports to: Manager, Contract Compliance
Industry: Non Profit/Film & TV
Annual Salary: $42,000-$45,000 DOE; excellent benefits
COORDINATOR, CONTRACT COMPLIANCE
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund seeks a professional to join our Contract Compliance Department.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced residual/royalty professional. The Fund is a dynamic 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization providing support to film musicians and the entertainment community worldwide by ensuring the collection, processing, and distribution of residuals generated by their talent and services.
The Coordinator, Contract Compliance will work closely with the Compliance staff and management in all aspects of daily Compliance operations, including but not limited to: enforcement of the residual provisions of Union Collective Bargaining Agreements and processing of Union documentation.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain familiarity with all applicable Contracts and Agreements
• Enforce compliance of Contracts and Agreements through letters and other written correspondence
• Process musician contracts and assumption agreements
• Research and obtain information on production companies, distributors, musicians, and signatories
• Contact producers/production companies regarding status of payments
• Analyze payments to verify accuracy and completeness
• Ensure timely response to correspondence received from obligated companies
• Utilize microfiche/film for research purposes and AS400 for tracking payments
• Track and maintain liquidated damages spreadsheet and various AS400 reports
• Keep current on scheduled tasks in Film Tracking System (FTS)
• Maintain/update digital contract compliance company files
• Enter payment information in FTS and send internal paid memos. Enter/update titles in FTS that have not been paid
• Assist the Director of Contract Compliance with special projects, as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• 4 years related work experience preferred
• Knowledge of, or a strong interest in learning, audit procedures and principles
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry, as it relates to film and television residuals, very helpful
• Proficient in MS Excel and Word
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Must have integrity, honesty and ethical mentality
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work with deadlines, and learn concepts quickly
• Ability to accurately analyze, assess, and evaluate researched data
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
• Strong problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• A positive attitude
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Code: COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Send cover letter, resume, and salary history
Additional Instructions: Please type ''COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR -(your name)'' in the subject line.
NO phone calls please. NO Recruiters please.
Note: This is not a bookkeeping, staff accountant, financial audit or tax preparation position. If you do not specifically have residual/royalty experience, please explain in your cover letter why you are interested in changing fields as well as how your experience would translate to this role. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online