Director of Programming
Fathom EventsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Director of Programming is responsible for acquiring content, negotiating exhibition agreements and content partner marketing plans for event and series content that enhances Fathom Events event cinema distribution platform. This position will also support the VP of Programming in the areas of program development and acquisition in key verticals as assigned. The primary focus is to work cultivate content partners to the value-added benefit of Fathom individuals. Interacts daily with executives from distributors, clients, producers, television networks, sports organizations and Hollywood studios to negotiate contracts, terms, and programs. The role interfaces regularly with Executives, VPs and department leads across Marketing, Operations, Administrative and Programming on content development, licensing and client/event management. Individuals must utilize extensive strategic and critical thinking skills, demonstrate the ability to see the big picture, and possess a deep understanding of marketing, finance, and business management to drive best in class growth results.
• Partners with senior Company leaders to drive strategic growth, primarily through the acquisition, development, licensing and management of alternate content for theatrical exhibition.
• Establishes and maintains critical relationships with distributors, clients, producers, television networks, sports organizations and Hollywood studios
• Works with VP of Programming to support negotiations in deal cost structures that have economic impacts and tradeoffs related to agreements, revenues, expenses, strategic objectives and profitability.
• Negotiates long term partnerships with distributors, clients, producers, television networks, sports organizations and Hollywood studios.
• Gathers operational planning requirements for new content distribution by partnering with Operations and Marketing teams.
• Interface with Programming team in establishing strategic objectives, defining key priorities, driving the execution of critical agreement related deliverables.
• Provide negotiations, licensing and management support for all Company departments related to contractual needs and requirements.
• Minimum of 8+ years professional experience in the entertainment, television, cinema related business.
• Minimum of 8+ years leading negotiations of Content Agreements with major cable networks, broadcasters, content producers and movie studios.
• Required familiarity with licensing terms including pricing, technology, distribution, marketing, content security and quality.
• Financial and budgeting background required.
• Strong analytic and fact-based decision-making skills.
• Strong use of Microsoft Office products including Power Point, Excel, and Word.
• Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills and proven ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with several teams at the same time; good organizational and prioritization skills.
PREFERRED Job Qualifications:
• 10 plus years professional experience in entertainment and content distribution business.
• 10 plus years leading negotiations with Content Agreements aligned in all entertainment verticals, others are included major cable networks, broadcasters, and movie studios.
• Content strategy and mid to high level management experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online