Assistant, Scheduling & Acquisitions
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support for a Senior Vice President and a Vice President in the Programming and Acquisitions department. This position provides crucial programming and strategic support to ensure smooth scheduling, asset delivery, reporting and forward-looking estimates, as well as providing back-up administrative support for the department President.
• Provide administrative support to two executives, including calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, phone coverage, faxes, mail, filing and copying, routine correspondence and office supplies
• Assist with creation of executive presentations, basic Excel models and forecasts, as well as occasional ad hoc projects for senior management
• Assist with creating and maintaining various reports and executive summaries
• Maintain movie filing system and assist with auditing schedules to ensure smooth and accurate delivery of assets
• Four year college degree in film, broadcast, journalism, communications, business or finance preferred
• Prior internship or other relevant work experience required. Previous experience at a talent agency, studio, network or digital content aggregator strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and professional phone etiquette required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required
• Must be highly organized, task-oriented person who wants to grow with the network
• Must be able to manage a high volume of information and material flowing through the department, and be able to disseminate it punctually and properly
• Must be able to evaluate material and think analytically
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 92 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain and the upcoming Taboo, Legion and Snowfall; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story and the upcoming Trust and Feud; acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Archer, Baskets, Better Things and Atlanta. In 2016, FX received a basic cable record 56 Emmy® Award nominations and a basic cable record 18 wins, including 9 for The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. FX's roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Mike & Molly. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 79 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst and Man Seeking Woman. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, the late night animated block Animation Domination, and acquired hit series such as In Living Color, Mad About You and Parks and Recreation. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 55 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.