Assistant, Media Relations
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support to three Directors of Media Relations and general support for the department.
• Provide administrative support to three Directors. Duties include answering phones, organizing meetings and taking notes, maintaining schedules and records, making travel arrangements, and processing expense reports.
• Provide support for the department as needed. Duties include couriering/overnighting packages, keeping department organized, helping organize and execute press mailers, escorting talent, creating contact and pitching lists and talent itineraries, and assisting at press and premier events.
• Work with the department finance assistant in tracking invoices/deal memos.
• Assist with the distribution of press materials and drafting media alerts and pitches.
• Work all FX events, organizing the press RSVPs and guest check in.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field is mandatory.
• Minimum 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred.
• Strong verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to handle stressful situations and various personalities diplomatically.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
• Must be motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, personable, reliable, self-assured, and able to prioritize work with minimal direction.
• Position demands confidentiality and the ability to interact professionally with senior executives and media personnel.
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 90 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain, Taboo, Legion and the upcoming Snowfall; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD: Bette and Joan and the upcoming Trust; and acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Baskets, Better Things and Atlanta. In 2016, FX received a basic cable record 56 Emmy® Award nominations and a basic cable record 18 wins, including 9 for The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 85 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer, You're the Worst and the upcoming untitled Marvel's Deadpool animated comedy series. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 56 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.