FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support for two executives in Design.
Responsibilities include phone coverage, calendar management, travel arrangements, presentation preparation, general office duties, and assisting with special projects as needed.
• Provide administrative support to two executives. Duties include phone coverage, meeting coordination (internal & external), calendar management, handling mail and courier services, ordering supplies, filing, and faxing.
• Provide hands-on assistance with various assignments, projects and presentations, including formatting and executing presentation decks, creative briefs, Power Point presentations, XLS documents, and organizational charts.
• Provide departmental administrative support, including arranging travel & entertainment events; creating, submitting and tracking expense reports; arranging and administering various office tasks with outside departments such as building services, IT, purchasing, and printing.
• Assist with special projects as assigned, including general research and information gathering assignments.
• Four year college degree in graphic design, fine art, or related field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a design, television or post-production environment, with at least 1 year of administrative experience supporting a VP or higher level.
Education or experience in art, design, animation or related fields is a strong plus.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Basic math and reasoning skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and QuickTime required. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, etc.) preferred. Mac proficiency required.
• Must possess professionalism and confidence when dealing with executives and talent via phone or in-person. Must be confident, confidential, cool under pressure and possess the ability to work autonomously and decisively.
• Must have the ability to multitask, anticipate, and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 90 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain, Taboo, Legion and the upcoming Snowfall; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD: Bette and Joan and the upcoming Trust; and acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Baskets, Better Things and Atlanta. In 2016, FX received a basic cable record 56 Emmy® Award nominations and a basic cable record 18 wins, including 9 for The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 85 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer, You're the Worst and the upcoming untitled Marvel's Deadpool animated comedy series. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 56 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.