Assistant, Current Series
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to support the Current Series department. This position will coordinate and distribute material relating to current series, and provide administrative support to two Vice Presidents.
- Evaluate drafts of current projects and create reports for distribution. Write episodic summaries and create current season reports.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure they have the necessary materials needed to take care of their responsibility to the network. Maintain the current grid that is distributed throughout the network.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, events, and coordinate any other communications between the current department, the network, the studio and external partners.
- Provide administrative support to two Vice Presidents, including phone coverage, calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, mail, filing, copying, office supplies and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Four-year college degree required. Minimum 1-2 years previous work experience at a talent agency, studio, network, or production company required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Must be highly organized, demonstrate attention to detail, and be able to multitask and handle a high-stress and high-volume atmosphere
- Due to a high volume of information and material flowing through the department, must be able to manage and disseminate it punctually, properly and confidentially
Please apply at the FoxCareers website and reference Job number FNG0005717
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 92 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain and the upcoming Taboo, Legion and Snowfall; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story and the upcoming Trust and Feud; acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Archer, Baskets, Better Things and Atlanta. In 2016, FX received a basic cable record 56 Emmy® Award nominations and a basic cable record 18 wins, including 9 for The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. FX's roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Mike & Molly. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 79 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst and Man Seeking Woman. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, the late night animated block Animation Domination, and acquired hit series such as In Living Color, Mad About You and Parks and Recreation. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 55 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: FNG0005717
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online