Administrator, On-Air Promotions Scheduling
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking an Administrator of On-Air Promotions Scheduling, responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks that enable the accurate scheduling and delivery of the network's daily broadcast log. Duties include: Daily PACE system data entry; assistance with Commercial Administration issues and tasks; and assistance with scheduling elements and issues that crossover with the FX Operations department. This position is a deadline-oriented role that directly impacts the look and quality of FX networks. The administrator works with OAP departments across the FX suite of networks to ensure the success of all.
• Schedules on-air promo elements into PACE traffic system (i.e. promos, interstitials, added-value elements, cross-channel, program intros, VOD, etc). Assists scheduling personnel in a variety of tasks in order to deliver an accurate daily broadcast log.
• Creates the daily credit squeeze promo placement grids and back-up promo lists.
• Assists trafficking and operational personnel in scheduling-related tasks as directed.
• Maintains format sheet notebooks and various reference files.
• College graduate preferred. Must have prior work or internship experience in the television industry. At least 1 year of experience related to scheduling, operations and/or post production strongly preferred.
• General knowledge of the television industry is important, as well as a strong knowledge of current TV industry/landscape/formats. Knowledge of post-production is a plus.
• Strong communication skills are required. Communication with various departments required on a daily basis.
• Familiarity with time code and the addition of hours, minutes, and seconds is requested.
• Ability to make decisions and suggestions on placement of promos based on audience composition and priorities is requested.
• Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills are necessary.
• Must be able to multitask, effectively coordinate changing priorities, and handle tight deadlines.
• Ability to work closely with others a must.
• Must be extremely detail oriented.
• Must thrive on working in an intense, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 93 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain, Tyrant and the upcoming Taboo; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo and the upcoming The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story; acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Archer, Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, Baskets and the upcoming Better Things and Atlanta. FX's roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Mike & Molly. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in more than 79 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst, Man Seeking Woman and the upcoming The Untitled Tracy Morgan Project (TBD). FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, the late night animated block Animation Domination, and acquired hit series such as In Living Color, Mad About You and Parks and Recreation. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in more than 54 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.