Digital Content Producer
Part Time Job
FOX40 is looking for a part time digital content producer to join our energetic and aggressive team. This person posts breaking news as it happens, and sends out alerts on the FOX40 News app, will help produce digital-first video content and keep FOX40.com as up-to-date as possible.
Our ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or 1-3 years of experience in a working newsroom. This person understands the constantly-changing landscape of social media and knows how to use Wordpress. Since FOX40's digital team operates 24 hours a day, the schedule includes nights and weekends.
- Post daily news items of local and national significance to FOX40.com and other station digital platforms
- Post breaking news as it happens, and tell our audience by digital alerts
- Respond to changing local and national interests by creating content to provide our viewers
- Post other content, i.e. photogalleries, news items, links, etc., as needed to keep FOX40.com up-to-date and complete
- Push local content to national outlets, including but not limited to CNN, FOX, Digg, Reddit, etc. to increase clicks and raise our national awareness
- Plan, research and execute initiatives to drive viewers to our social media and website pages
- Produce digital-first video content and keep FOX40.com as up-to-date as possible
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must take an active role in discovering and creating new content for the site; including stories, photos, videos, etc.
- Must understand the importance of growing Facebook, Twitter and other social media followers for the station, and works toward that overall goal
- Must be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated
- Must demonstrate solid news judgment
- Must have attention to detail; copy editing, grammatical and basic writing skills
- Must have strong people and leadership skills to work with everyone in the newsroom and station
-Be able to use HTML, FBML and SEO effectively to improve website traffic
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired
- 1-3 years experience in a working newsroom as either a producer, reporter or assignment editor
- Working knowledge of various social media and internet applications
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online