Yardbarker Newsletter/Homepage Editor
FOX SportsSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2016 2:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Yardbarker Newsletter/Homepage Editor jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Yardbarker Newsletter/Homepage Editor postings
Full Time Job
Yardbarker is looking for an experienced editor to compile its daily newsletter, the Morning Bark and program its homepage (Yardbarker.com). Both Yardbarker.com and the Morning Bark feature the top sports stories of the day, along with news on readers' favorite teams and sports.
Applicants must have experience editing and a knack for headline writing, news story selection, and have the ability to work into the late evening (6-10pm PT). Morning Bark editors will also work closely with the editorial team to develop and produce compelling and engaging newsletters for daily consumption.
This position is based in Yardbarker's San Francisco office, though prospective editors can work remotely.
• Communicate with other editors to determine day's most relevant stories.
• Edit and program stories for the Yardbarker.com homepage.
• Write compelling subject lines and introductions for the newsletter.
• Rework headlines to tease out stories properly.
• Build out story modules to offer depth to a given story.
• Experience compiling and editing newsletters at the college or professional level.
• Strong opportunity recognition skills and knowledge of sports digital landscape.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Detail-oriented and deadline-focused.
• Sharable record of production experience.
• Love of sports a huge plus.
If interested, please email your resume to Will Thompson .
FOX Sports is the flagship network of the FOX Sports Media Group. As America's top-rated network for sports for 14 straight years (1997-2010), FOX Sports boasts rights agreements with each of the nation's highest-rated sports. FOX Sports is the exclusive national over-the-air television rights holder for Major League Baseball, including the All-Star Game, alternating League Championship Series and World Series (2007-2013); the National Football League's NFC package, including the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowls XLV and XLVIII (2006-2013); NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from February through May, including the Daytona 500 (2007-2014); the Big Ten Football Championship Games (2011-16), the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic and the UEFA Champions League Final.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.