FOX SportsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Under minimal supervision, this position manages/supervises Producers, Associate Producers and Production Associates at the 1440 facility. Works with the scheduling department on daily assignments regarding the facility and personnel. Produces and potentially directs high quality sporting events and shows and has responsibility for all domestic remote soccer events including the MLS.
• Coordinates and manages production staffing and facilities scheduling according to production needs.
• Works closely with the Vice President of Production on the creation and implementation of new work systems.
• Transmits the vision of Management to the Production staff and supervises the process from beginning to end.
• Oversees productions and sits in on the process in order to suggest any changes or improvements.
• Delegates production assignments to Producers, Production Associates, Associate Producers, and Talents.
• Directs and produces in studio sporting events and shows. Gives assignments and instructions to the studio crew and talent.
• Works with Facility providers and domestic venues for Outside Broadcasts. This includes site surveys as well as Producing and direction of said events. Determines show running order, editing features, set up interviews, and schedule facilities and talent.
• Acts as liaison with Finance and Operations department regarding budgets at both 1440 and domestic outside broadcasts.
• College Education with an emphasis on television production, At least 5 years of experience as a Producer, supervising crews and talents.
• Good verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required. Fluency in Spanish.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, and strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
• Filmmaker, and have a general knowledge of the operation of a television production facility, including on-line and off-line editing and studio and field production.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
• Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary.
• The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
• Works mainly in an office environment but domestic travel is required on certain occasions for Site Surveys and Outside Broadcasts.
• The ability to drive and work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays is necessary.
FS1 is America's new national multi-sport channel that launched on August 17, 2013 in approximately 90 million homes and boasts nearly 5,000 hours of live event, news and original programming annually. The channel has several pillar sports: college basketball and football, MLB, NASCAR, NFL (ancillary programs), international soccer, UFC and Golden Boy boxing, USGA events, including the U.S. Open, and the FIFA World Cup in 2018 and 2022 as well as the FIFA Women's World Cup in 2019. FOX SPORTS LIVE is FS1's flagship 24/7 news, opinion and highlights program, providing around the clock coverage through regularly scheduled programs, hourly updates and an information rich ticker. Original programs include: NASCAR RACE HUB; AMERICA'S PREGAME; MLB WHIPAROUND; THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER; and the groundbreaking BEING: documentary franchise. FOX Sports GO, a new authenticated mobile sports experience for iPhone, iPad, Android devices and the web, serves as the channel's digital extension. The app offers more than 1,100 live games and events from cross FOX Sports, FS1, FS2 and FOX Sports' 22 regional sports networks, as well as scores, highlights, news, stats and analysis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.