FoxSan Diego, CA
Full Time Job
Under the supervision of Coordinating/Senior Producers, candidate must be able to work on live events in a truck or studio, with primary responsibilities of timing elements, breaks and sponsors. Candidate must also write, edit and field produce segments for magazine and daily pregame shows; this includes working with any editors, shooters, or talent involved. At times, candidate may operate an extra camera for added production value, and travel to sites - sometimes outside of Southern California - covering teams and athletes. Candidate must be able to develop story ideas and implement coverage plan from start to finish, and will lead, train, and work with our Production Assistants. Duties will evolve to include producing or directing segments and shows in the studio and in the production truck. Also, candidate is charged with strengthening relationships with crucial team partners, and assisting in season long special projects. Candidate would assist in maintaining and organizing media drives throughout the season. Working knowledge of AVID editing systems is a plus.
• Communicate timings of elements, breaks, sponsors during a live event within a truck or studio. Work beside a producer and director, communicating to them about those timings, relaying their direction to other positions in the truck or to master control. Eventually produce/direct pregame/postgame shows in studio & production truck.
• Avid editing features for pre-game shows as well as constructing segments and features for weekly magazine episodes
• Write, field produce, and edit features and other associated content for shoulder programming. Assist in the editing/production of this programming.
• Lead, train, and work with Production Assistants
• This position requires a high school diploma or equivalency.
• A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on broadcast communications is preferred
• A minimum of 3-5 years' experience as a Production Assistant or Associate Producer with a broadcast or cable network is necessary.
• Previous experience in interviewing subjects, editing, logging tapes and post production is required.
• Good oral and written communication skills are needed, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of production personnel.
• A strong knowledge of statistical fundamentals as related to the sports business is needed.
• Good organizational and project management skills are necessary.
• A demonstrated ability to work without supervision in a high pressure environment is essential. Must have experience editing on AVID and working with AVID Interplay.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary. Deep knowledge of local sports scene is essential.
• The ability to travel to sports events is required.
• Experience working in a production truck or studio with knowledge of the different positions and workflow is helpful.
• Experience with Photo Shop, After Effects or other graphics software is helpful.
• Experience operating a camera with good visual and audio results is helpful.
FOX Sports Regional Networks are the nation's leading providers of local sports, producing over 5,000 live events each year and serving as the home town television outlets to 45 MLB, NHL, and NBA teams. FOX Sports' nationwide roster of 22 regional sports networks includes FOX Sports Arizona, FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports Detroit, FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Indiana, FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports New Orleans, FOX Sports North, FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports Oklahoma, FOX Sports San Diego, FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Southwest, FOX Sports Tennessee, FOX Sports West, FOX Sports Wisconsin, PRIME Ticket, SportSouth, SportsTime Ohio, Sun Sports, and the YES Network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.