Entravision CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Network Administrator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Network Administrator postings
Full Time Job
Dept: Information Technology Department
Location: Los Angeles
Job Title: Network Administrator
Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC) one of the fastest growing Hispanic multi-media companies seeks a Network Administrator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. The Network Administrator will assist in the development and maintenance of network communications. He/she will use their knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks and test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Maintain the local and wide area network hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment such as: firewalls, personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, modems and cabling.
- Establish and maintain network users, the user environment, network security and network directories.
- Perform e-mail administration functions.
- Ensure optimum availability of the system to the end users.
- Identify changes within the company that may adversely affect the corporate infrastructure and make recommendations for taking the appropriate action(s).
- Handle miscellaneous projects as directed.
- Ensure continual network stability and reliability within the company and monitor any changes that may adversely affect the corporate infrastructure and take the appropriate action(s).
- Resolve network or desktop issues by analyzing and collecting information about the existing problem(s) and performing diagnostic procedures in order to isolate the source of the problem(s).
- Respond to incoming telephone, voice-mail, e-mail and in person requests for assistance from users with problems concerning their phone systems, desktop problems, access to the network and the operation of various software applications.
- Prepare network incident records; analyze incident reports for re-occurring network and telecommunications problems.
- Interact with users in a professional, courteous and patient manner at all times; communicate technical information in a non-technical manner as needed.
- Analyze and collect information about existing problem(s) and perform diagnostic procedures in order to isolate the source of the problem(s). Provide resolution to problem(s) within a timely manner. Provide status updates to end users and management as necessary. Escalate more complex issues to IT Management for appropriate problem resolution or direction.
- Perform network configurations, and participate in server upgrades and data migrations as necessary.
- Assist with analyzing network and memory utilization and make recommendations to increase network performance.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of disaster recovery plans; recommend and implement network security measures to safeguard the network; perform network security administration tasks.
- Maintain VOIP systems and manage telecommunications voice and data.
- Maintain and troubleshoot web and internet activities including Web and DNS servers, multiple firewalls, virus/malware systems, mail servers and IDS systems.
- Experience with technologies: IP routing, DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Wifi, MDM.
- Broad knowledge of network devices and firewalls. (Cisco, Netscreen, Juniper, Symantec, Blue Coat, Alertlogic).
- Provide assistance to support the Helpdesk and provide support to other IT team members as needed.
- Participate in the creation of IT troubleshooting methods and procedures.
- As directed, procure new services, hardware, software and any other necessary IT equipment.
- Contact vendors for assistance with complex or un-resolvable problems as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Information Systems or a related major.
- Cisco CCNA or higher highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in administering and maintaining a multi-site corporate infrastructure (LAN/WAN-DR), database administration, network security and network administration experience in a Windows environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Firewall and networking principles and configurations are essential.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Operating Systems such as Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, & 2012, XP, Win7, Win8 & Win10; experience with Macintosh systems (Mac OSX) is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining telephony systems.
- Enthusiastic, committed, proactive and resourceful; can be counted on to get the job done
- Able to work autonomously as well as being a good team player
Interested candidates should e-mail cover letter, resume and references
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.