Entravision CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Dept: Information Technology Department
Location: Los Angeles
Job Title: Network Administrator
Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC) one of the fastest growing Hispanic multi-media companies seeks a Network Administrator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. The Network Administrator will assist in the development and maintenance of network communications. He/she will use their knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks and test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Maintain the local and wide area network hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment such as: firewalls, personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, modems and cabling.
- Establish and maintain network users, the user environment, network security and network directories.
- Perform e-mail administration functions.
- Ensure optimum availability of the system to the end users.
- Identify changes within the company that may adversely affect the corporate infrastructure and make recommendations for taking the appropriate action(s).
- Handle miscellaneous projects as directed.
- Ensure continual network stability and reliability within the company and monitor any changes that may adversely affect the corporate infrastructure and take the appropriate action(s).
- Resolve network or desktop issues by analyzing and collecting information about the existing problem(s) and performing diagnostic procedures in order to isolate the source of the problem(s).
- Respond to incoming telephone, voice-mail, e-mail and in person requests for assistance from users with problems concerning their phone systems, desktop problems, access to the network and the operation of various software applications.
- Prepare network incident records; analyze incident reports for re-occurring network and telecommunications problems.
- Interact with users in a professional, courteous and patient manner at all times; communicate technical information in a non-technical manner as needed.
- Analyze and collect information about existing problem(s) and perform diagnostic procedures in order to isolate the source of the problem(s). Provide resolution to problem(s) within a timely manner. Provide status updates to end users and management as necessary. Escalate more complex issues to IT Management for appropriate problem resolution or direction.
- Perform network configurations, and participate in server upgrades and data migrations as necessary.
- Assist with analyzing network and memory utilization and make recommendations to increase network performance.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of disaster recovery plans; recommend and implement network security measures to safeguard the network; perform network security administration tasks.
- Maintain VOIP systems and manage telecommunications voice and data.
- Maintain and troubleshoot web and internet activities including Web and DNS servers, multiple firewalls, virus/malware systems, mail servers and IDS systems.
- Experience with technologies: IP routing, DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Wifi, MDM.
- Broad knowledge of network devices and firewalls. (Cisco, Netscreen, Juniper, Symantec, Blue Coat, Alertlogic).
- Provide assistance to support the Helpdesk and provide support to other IT team members as needed.
- Participate in the creation of IT troubleshooting methods and procedures.
- As directed, procure new services, hardware, software and any other necessary IT equipment.
- Contact vendors for assistance with complex or un-resolvable problems as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Information Systems or a related major.
- Cisco CCNA or higher highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in administering and maintaining a multi-site corporate infrastructure (LAN/WAN-DR), database administration, network security and network administration experience in a Windows environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Firewall and networking principles and configurations are essential.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Operating Systems such as Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, & 2012, XP, Win7, Win8 & Win10; experience with Macintosh systems (Mac OSX) is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining telephony systems.
- Enthusiastic, committed, proactive and resourceful; can be counted on to get the job done
- Able to work autonomously as well as being a good team player
Interested candidates should e-mail cover letter, resume and references
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online