Entertainment StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Entertainment Studios, a global media company's subsidiary Freestyle Releasing, a film distribution company, is seeking an Accounting Assistant. The ideal candidate is a highly proactive individual who is willing to take initiative, can work both independently and collaborate as part of a team. This job is based out of the headquarters office located in Century City, CA.
Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Perform day to day accounting functions relating to accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, payroll, journal entries and general ledger;
• Prepares recurring and non-recurring journal entries as needed for monthly close;
• Assist with the monthly, quarterly and year end close;
• Assists with compiling information for external auditors and tax associates;
• Ability to review contracts and license to ensure recording accuracy;
• Prepare all third party producer statements based on contractual terms and conditions;
• Assist Management with Financial Projections.
• Business Administration or Accounting degree preferred
• 2 years professional experience in accounting
• Entertainment industry background is preferred
• QuickBooks Pro experience preferred
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Must be a quick learner who is results-oriented
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
Competitive benefits package
About Entertainment Studios
Entertainment Studios is a fully integrated global media production and distribution company with 8 HD networks, dozens of first-run syndicated shows, over 5,000 hours of HD programming, a film distribution company, a podcast network, and more.
Please email resume and cover letter.
In your email subject, write ''Accounting Assistant Application''.
No phone calls. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online