Emporia EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We're looking for a Wordpress wizard who can manage and add functionality to our existing Wordpress website, which hosts all information and ticketing for events, our online apparel page, email collection, etc. Must know PHP. Additionally be able to make sure our website is kept up to standards for all display types (Deskstop & Mobile) and is optimized for all different screen resolutions.
The structure of our website site is built on Wordpress, however our developer created/coded custom integrations for all the platforms we use:
1.) Eventbrite (ticketing process platform) - built a custom i-frame to allow tickets to appear on our website before checkout.
2.) Shopify (payment processing for apparel) - this is not the shopify shop page, but rather wordpress pages with integrated with the shopify account/functionality to create orders and purchase items.
3.) Madmimi - (mass email marketing) - We are in the process of implementing a blog in our website via madmimi.
Since these are custom built integrations, it's important for the developer to be well versed in creating integrations outside of the typical API provided by the outside companies and be able to understand the pre-existing logic and build upon that as needed (e.g. to change/ upgrade functionalities).
- 2-3 year(s) experience in web development, preferably experience with ecommerce sites and Wordpress a must.
- An accredited bachelor's degree or above
- An ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize your workload
- The ability to operate within given timelines, and the ability to clearly communicate expectations when deadlines will be beat or missed
- You should love the idea of joining a team that brings people together, creates transformative experiences, and spreads more love and mischief in the world
- The ability to work at our Manhattan studio
At Emporia Entertainment, we are dedicated to the creation of compelling entertainment endeavors. We are a dynamic production company with a studio and offices in Manhattan offering a wide range of pre-production, production and post production services. Some of our services include fashion shows, music videos, documentaries, promotional videos, and artist branding. We develop our client's visions from start to finish, finding a creative angle to help their projects stand out. Emporia Entertainment's uniqueness is the multicultural understanding in creating a bond between talent and audience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online