Emmis CommunicationsNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Digital Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Digital Director postings
Full Time Job
Emmis New York Job Description
• Reports to VP of Digital Content
• Works with the General Manager to communicate goals, strategy and execution within the department
• Works with VP of Digital Content and Market Leadership to establish digital goals
• Work Directly with Digital Sales Manager on custom digital sales opportunities and content sponsorship
• To manage workflow of videographers, bloggers and designers to assure success in goals and innovative solutions.
• Utilize leadership skills to work across departments and look for ways to effectively maximize engagement. This includes the ability to influence cross-functionally, our tone in web, social, advertising, etc.
• Content and Execution
• Successfully execute Digital Strategies set forth for fiscal goals around impressions and growth.
• Works with the Digital Team to achieve seamless integration of sales, programming & marketing campaigns
• Obtains necessary client copy to compose and /or edit compelling, relevant and accurate content for client content postings on website.
• Attends weekly sales promotional meetings (each brand) and provides input on capabilities and ideas.
• Develop and execute a pipeline of digital innovation spanning new platforms, products and content approaches to deliver against key clients
• Acts as a proactive member of the brand team and Digital Department
• Acts as the digital content point person during market meetings.
• Manages and clearly communicates sales project timelines to relevant parties
• Attends sales team meetings and represents digital perspective and opportunities within all dialogue
• Assists in providing general training and insight for all sellable element of digital properties
• Deliver digital trends and best in class programs across brand and commercial teams
• Staff & Workspace
• Responsible for nurturing a healthy and clean team-oriented work environment
• 8+ years managing copywriting with deep experience in developing and shaping voice and tone for premium brands.
• Extensive experience in messaging across digital media formats with the foresight to identify emerging trends in communications.
• Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, understand business challenges and formulate effective communications plans to improve business results.
• Ability to understand key audience segments and research data, as well as to apply a judgement and creative sensibility to those findings.
• Creative, highly collaborative and enjoys a high change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of its audience.
• Passionate about shaping tone and voice and driving user participation across all detail media formats.
• Strong ability to motivate and manage the work of a growing and dynamic team with a desire to deliver world class work.
• Friendly, collaborative, skilled giver and receiver of feedback.
• Ability to analyze and communicate results to senior leadership.
• Understanding of broadcast media desired
• BA or MFA preferred.
ABOUT EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS
Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
Emmis Digital is the new media arm of Emmis dedicated to growing our audiences and revenue in all new media platforms. Emmis Digital sets the company strategy for our digital offerings and coaches each market on executing our offerings.