UI Designer Mobile, ESPN App
Full Time Job
ESPN Digital Design is seeking their next UI designer. As a member of our Product Design team, this person will help conceive, define and execute the UI and visual design of ESPN app on native device platforms (e.g. Apple iOS, Google Android, etc.).
Additionally, they will collaborate with design leadership and product management in helping define the product design from start to finish, which concludes with provide design specifications, deliverables, and implementation guidance to engineering counterparts for product build.
ESPN is a collaborative environment between engineering, product management, and design, a culture where ideas can be sparked by any individual but cannot be realized without a collective effort.
• Contribute to the UI design for ESPN app features through a unified design process.
• Focus on mobile interfaces and interaction patterns across native platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, etc.) for phones and tablets.
• Participate in product design brainstorms alongside design and product team partners.
• Help architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement.
• Clearly communicate design decisions and process with clear rationale.
• Solicit feedback from design leadership and design team members to ensure quality.
• Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to help drive UI design quality from conception to release.
• Partner with User Experience to utilize research, testing, and analysis of user data to inform design decisions.
• Assist in maintaining the integrity of the ESPN brand identity and its usage.
• Clear communicator and efficient designer.
• A basic knowledge of design patterns and user experience guidelines with iOS and Android human interface guidelines.
• Must have a portfolio featuring examples of user interface design, user interaction, and visual design work as it relates to native platform design for iOS and/or Android devices.
• A minimum of 2-years experience working in product design, preferably in a native software design based environment for consumer applications.
• An understanding of user experience, user interaction, and design across mobile platforms, devices and products.
• A curiosity around current interface, software, platform and hardware trends.
• Intermediate abilities in visual design, visual hierarchy, and design system architecture.
• Familiarity and understanding of the ESPN brand experience offering, and a passion for sports as a fan and as a business.
• Proficient with Sketch from Bohemian Coding, or Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite tools, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Working knowledge of responsive design and auto-layout.
• A lightweight prototyping ability, and working knowledge related process and tools.
• Basic understanding of Xcode, Objective-c, and/or Android Studio (or comparable IDE), Java and XML.
• Design experience within the area of sports, editorial content, live events, automated data, and advertising.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in a design or digital media related discipline.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.