Spring Intern - Production
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Production Department produces content for ESPN's family of networks that fans can watch on television, their computer, tablet or smart phone; examples include live events and studio shows on ESPNU and SEC Network.
A Day in the Life:
• Screens, logs, transcribes and clips footage for events
• Creates shot sheets for assigned highlights
• Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases; selects material for bumps and roll-outs
• Organizes head shot and melt reels
• Screens videotapes and/or servers and conducts research in the media asset management system to obtain material for the preparation of production elements
• Operates studio teleprompter system
• Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms
• Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
• Perform crew functions as needed during productions and assist in location productions
• Coordinate graphics for assigned studio telecasts or remote events
What You Bring to the Role:
• Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
• Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
• Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Avid
• High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
• Experience operating a teleprompter
• Historical knowledge of US sports
• Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
• Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
• Ability to read and write in Spanish
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The approximate dates are January 23 – May 12, 2017. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This position is located in Charlotte, NC. A limited amount of housing assistance is available for those
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.