Spring Intern - Production - Longhorn Network ESPN
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Longhorn Network (LHN) launched August 2011. LHN, a partnership between ESPN and The University of Texas, broadcasts 175 athletic events a year, plus original studio shows, analysis, and academic content.
A Day in the Life:
• Screens, logs, transcribes and clips footage for events; organizes head shot and melt reels
• Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases selects materials for bumps and roll-outs
• Operates studio teleprompter system
• Perform crew functions as needed during productions and assist in location productions
• Coordinate graphics for assigned studio telecasts or remote events
• Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
• Takes photographs and video for use across LHN social media platforms
What You Bring to the Role:
• Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events with an emphasis on UT sports
• High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
• Must possess demonstrated communication and organization skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of production situations
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
• Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
• Historical knowledge of US sports
• Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Avid.
• Experience operating a teleprompter
• Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
• Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
• Knowledge of Photoshop and ability to create memes and gifs
• Enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior at the University of Texas at Austin taking at least one class at the time of application and also taking at least one class at UT Austin throughout the length of the internship.
• Candidate must be in good academic standing with the University
• Must be enrolled in the University of Texas at Austin taking at least one class at the time of application and also taking at least one class at UT Austin throughout the length of the internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The approximate dates of this internship are January 17 – May 6, 2017 with the possibility to extend the internship during the Fall 2017 semester based on job performance and interest. Interns will work 25-29 hours per week and may need to provide availability on nights and weekends.
Housing: This internship is located in Austin, TX. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.