Sports Video Editor
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Sports Video Editor jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Sports Video Editor postings
Full Time Job
Production Operations is a division of Programming and Production and consists of several groups: Network Control, PCR, Studio, Content Edit, Business Resources, and Operations Specialists. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
With a minimum of 2-years editing for a TV Production or in a large market/network level newsroom, the Content Editor possesses a sound ability for non-linear video editing in a fast paced Sports Broadcast atmosphere. The Content Editor is expected to be a team player who collaborates amongst various teams while operating at a solid level. They look for learning opportunities within the department to hone their craft. The candidate should be able to work nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Proficient operating skills and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision. Solid abilities in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; non-linear edit systems, broadcast routers, media restore and ingest systems, After Effects, and Photoshop.
• Operates a wide range of assignments within the particular discipline that is indicated by the job title
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of signal measurement and procedures
• Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance product
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting
• Is expected to participate and embrace in some departmental and/or company initiatives, action teams, employee surveys, focus groups, town meetings, etc.
• Has limited responsibility with respect to strategy or operations planning in business unit
• Participation in required administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the effective utilization of all ESPN software based applications (such as time entry, travel and expense filing,) and daily shift reporting.
• Required to complete administrative functions such as time entry and expense filing.
• Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Basic problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
• Organization, efficiency and planning skills are required. Participation in training programs, (classroom, virtual, etc.) may be required as necessary.
• Expected to participate in training others in operational areas and generate training documentation.
• The ability to produce and convert material into various formats for distribution
• Knowledge of broadcast methods of measuring audio and video signals to ensure quality control to ESPN endorsed standards.
• A minimum of 2 years of practical TV Production or related experience
• Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments and/or future plans
• Assigned to operational roles and expected to report on system status for specific areas
• Comply fully with company and/or departmental standard operating procedures. May support the updating of departmental SOPs.
• Demonstrate sound communication with timely follow up problem solving
• Must be adept at understanding complex information and demonstrate comprehension through operational proficiency
• Expected to share experiences and offer solutions to standard workflow and/or system problems
• Expected to initiate productive interactions with counterparts in Operations and closely related support departments. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines
• Communicates regularly with direct Supervisor and/or Manager in compliance with departmental guidelines
• Regularly document progress of goals and objectives online within the Performance Management system and supervisor
• Provides quality service in assigned area to all customers, as defined and assigned by management
• Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions
• Ability to understand complex information and disseminate it clearly to others.
• As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations for departmental objectives
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.