Senior UX Designer Mobile, ESPN App
Full Time Job
ESPN Product Design is in search of a Senior User Experience Designer. As a member of our User Experience team, you are responsible for conceiving and executing user-centered interface solutions to evolve ESPN Digital consumer products across native (Apple iOS, Google Android, etc.) and web device platforms. You will also grow and champion the practice and discipline of user-centered design in partnership with senior design leadership.
ESPN is a collaborative environment between engineering, product management, and design, a culture where ideas can be sparked by any individual but cannot be realized without a collective effort. We're looking for user-focused designers to help create meaningful experiences for millions of sports fans all over the globe.
• Evolve and maintain the user experience design process for ESPN Product Design
• Focus on mobile interfaces and interaction across iOS, Android, and web platforms
• Make informed decisions through the synthesizing business priorities and strategies, trend and competitive analysis, research and user testing insights, and analytics, or a combination thereof
• Architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement
• Recommend design solutions and solicit feedback from design leadership and design team members to insure quality
• Clearly communicate and represent the user's perspective at every level, all while championing accessibility, usability, demographic and persona data, as well as the holistic user experience
• Research, analyze, observe, and document mobile device and application trends while interpreting how best to leverage findings for ESPN products
• Partner with PMs, engineers, and researchers to lead user experience
• Design and develop user interface patterns mapped from research, findings, and analysis
• Attend, participate, and help lead user studies with your user research colleagues
• A minimum of 4 years of user experience working in mobile product development, including a minimum of 2 years of experience with either Apple iOS or Google Android
• Must have a portfolio featuring examples of user experience process, as well as user interaction and user interface design for mobile product experiences
• Advanced mobile device and application knowledge, especially pertaining to user interaction and interface design, mobile platform guidelines (i.e. Apple iOS HIG, Google Material HIG), and user-centered design
• Knowledgeable of industry best practices across platform and device and having a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, and consumer trends
• Strong experience with and curiosity around current mobile products, trends, software, platforms and hardware
• Advanced understanding of user experience, user interaction, and design across mobile platforms, devices and products
• Advanced abilities in user experience, hierarchy and architecture
• Advanced prototyping ability, and working knowledge related process and tools
• Understanding of the ESPN brand, and a passion for sports as a fan and as a business
• Proficient with Sketch from Bohemian Coding, or Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite tools, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Must be clear communicator, as well as an attentive and efficient designer
• Working knowledge of responsive design and auto-layout
• Basic understanding of Xcode, Objective-c, and/or Android Studio (or comparable IDE), Java and XML
• Design experience in sports, content, live, automated and advertising
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in HCI, design, or digital media related discipline
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.