Senior Director - Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness
ESPNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Senior Director - Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director - Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness postings
Full Time Job
In the sporting world legendary teams need superb coaches. Leaders' who takes the reigns, direct with vision, and impart their knowledge. Now, another renowned lineup of professionals seeks the experience and drive of a seasoned professional. ESPN Inc., the Worldwide Leader in Sports, is seeking a new addition to their HR team.
This is a strategic Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness (DI&W) role for ESPN. The position is responsible for advancing the organization's global diversity and inclusion strategy on three dimensions: workforce, workplace and marketplace, as well as advancing initiatives focused on employee wellness, by maintaining a contemporary, healthy environment that supports workplace flexibility and aligns with our business priorities.
The incumbent will be the D&I subject matter expert, partner and consultant to business groups and other HR colleagues and an important spokesperson concerning matters of diversity and inclusion. The successful candidate will build upon existing programs, champion new global initiatives and expand the company's current diversity, inclusion and wellness strategy.
Reporting to the Vice President, Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness, this position will be the primary D&I partner for our global business in Latin America, India, UK, Australia and Singapore as well as functional business groups in the United States. The wellness team will also report to this role.
• Provide consultation and coaching to business leaders, managers and employees on all areas of DI&W.
• Lead strategic planning and execution of D&I initiatives and programs, guiding long term growth and development plans in the areas of D&I.
• Conduct on-going research on best practices and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
• Identify and recommend metrics and statistics with best in class results for comparable companies.
• Partner with senior management to prioritize on initiatives, programs and events that can lead to the desired outcomes.
• Measure and communicate outcomes of key initiatives.
• Be an advisor to and partner with other Human Resources colleagues on areas related to DI&W, to drive the development and implementation of strategies and tactics for recruiting, development and retention of a robust pipeline of diverse talent and the continuous development of a contemporary work environment that focuses on the wellbeing of employees.
• Partner with the Learning/OD function to set the strategy for ESPN's DI&W education programs and services, including creating and delivering customized training programs, and working with external vendors/consultants, as appropriate.
• Partner with HR staff and management to develop diversity and inclusion interventions.
• Provide guidance and insight on sourcing and recruiting opportunities to diversify our workforce.
• Provide direction on the wellness programs aligned with our strategy and areas of focus.
• Identify, develop and maintain strategic diversity partnerships with key stakeholders within the company, industry and community.
• Serve as internal and external spokesperson for D&I.
• Language skills: Bilingual (English and Spanish) is required. Portuguese is highly desirable.
• Minimum 8 -10 years' HR experience or equivalent
• Minimum 6-8 years' experience as a diversity and inclusion practitioner.
• Minimum of 5 years of people management experience.
• Experience with global / multicultural diversity, cultural competencies, laws and regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunity.
• Have multi-cultural and gender sensitivity in all areas of diversity and inclusion.
• In depth knowledge of diversity best practices, concepts and programs
• Ability to travel as required (projected about 20-30%), some of which will be international in scope
• Strong analytical skills, and comfort working with numerical data or performing data analysis and reporting
• Highly developed commercial sense and understanding of key business drivers
• Advisor to executives on maximizing employee engagement
We are interested in a professional with experience in global diversity & inclusion practice, with additional experience in programs related to wellness and workplace flexibility. As Senior Director of Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness, you will bring experience as a successful leader, with demonstrated competency in the following areas:
• A self-starter that can continue the development of ESPN's diversity, inclusion and wellness function.
• Be able to formulate, align and execute strategic and operational goals in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment with a high sense of urgency.
• Financial, operations, consultation, resolution and negotiation abilities should be extremely polished.
• Be a creative idea generator who focuses on solutions and can lead organizational change.
• Be and influencer who leads through others at all levels of the organization.
• Quickly build strong relationships, be known for absolute integrity as a leader who stands behind your convictions
• BA/BS degree required
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.