Senior Digital Producer, The Undefeated
Full Time Job
The Undefeated is the premier platform for exploring the intersections of race, sports and culture. We enlighten and entertain with innovative storytelling, original reporting and provocative commentary. Not conventional. Never boring.
The Undefeated is seeking a Senior Digital Producer to be the backbone of a multi-channel content strategy. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the production of original video, audio, and digital content. This person reports to the Deputy Editor. This person should also have a deep understanding of legacy video and social video as well as text and image editing chops. The preferred candidate should be able to produce packages quickly and direct both on and off-site shoots. An ideal candidate would have a strong background as a shooter/producer.
Experience with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
Experience working in a deadline oriented environment focused on quick turnarounds required.
Experience in mentoring emerging producers required.
The Undefeated site is located in Washington D.C. and this position requires the candidate live in the city or relocate for the position.
• Leads The Undefeated production teams in the creative development, production, preparation, and delivery of original segments for broadcast, digital video, and social media channels.
• Ensures the selection of content and highlights are consistent with our viewer trends by using the Omniture reporting tool to drive content to where the audience is while applying sound editorial judgment.
• Fully understand the technical process in which our content is delivered to our fans and have the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems.
• Produces and assembles production elements for on-line features and teases.
• Prepares scripts and timings for sophisticated program elements.
• Main liaison between graphic and animation departments as well as other ESPN divisions
• Performs pre-and-postproduction digital video editing and 'voice over' sessions; Executes duties of field producer on ENG shoots.
• Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs to create informative, compelling and feasible segments or original programs for digital media.
• Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned programs; determines the agenda and tone of the segment.
• Coordinates with the editorial staff to write shape copy into video segments for digital video
• Applies considerable knowledge of story ideas and develops concepts to use for assigned segments.
• Leads or participates with assigned multimedia production team(s) in the creative development, production and preparation of multimedia features, either for online, marketing/sponsorship or other emerging technologies within the Digital Media space i.e. mobile, downloadable audio and audio-visual broadcasts.
• Mentors less experienced members of the team.
• Oversees or participates in in-house post-production activities.
• May acquire available video content for use by sites.
• Edits available footage for insertion into sites and stories.
• Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual storytelling.
• At least 6 years of progressively complex related digital media, studio or related production experience.
• Undergraduate College Degree with emphasis on Digital Media production preferred or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of digital video production related techniques and on-line content management systems.
• Must be proficient in on-line editing and ENG Camera.
• Has an established ability to create and produce compelling news stories; generates and executes story ideas, from concept to execution.
• Has excellent production skills related to livestreaming and capturing events
• Has solid appreciation of popular culture, e.g., ''what's cool'' and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers.
• Has a good understanding of ESPN's market positioning within the digital space.
• Has solid knowledge of sports.
• Has a strong appreciation and knowledge of sports, news and culture
• Has understanding of the social web, including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Vine
• Well versed in memes
• Experience in running productions on location
• Interested in exploring the shifting racial landscape of the United States
• An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field and a minimum of 6 years' direct professional experience OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
• Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.