Remote Traffic Coordinator I
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2016 9:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Remote Traffic Coordinator I jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Remote Traffic Coordinator I postings
Part Time Job
This position is PART TIME
The Part Time Remote Traffic Coordinator I is responsible for planning, procuring, and managing the telecommunications facilities and services that connect worldwide event venues with ESPN in Bristol, and other destinations, as necessary. These services will include the procurement and coordination of transportable and fixed satellite earth stations, occasional satellite transponders, high and low bandwidth fiber circuits, voice and data circuits, encryption and compression technologies, and other telecom services and facilities as needed. Develop and manage cost budgets for each program delivery.
• For all assigned programs and events, research, gather and integrate necessary technical, operational and fiscal information from various departments and other sources within and without ESPN. Use this information to analyze and determine all telecommunications requirements and costs.
• Once requirements are determined, ensure that proper telecommunications resources are provided in a fashion that conforms to ESPN's technical, operational and cost standards.
• Using various information tools and methods, provide updates to all relevant departments and individuals on the technical, operational and cost status for each project.
• For each program or event, prepare and maintain a budget of estimated and actual costs for any telecommunications resources provided. Approve the accuracy and proper budget assignment of invoices for hired services and facilities. Coordinate the flow of budget and invoice information to ESPN financial departments according to established procedures.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the operational and technical aspects of various telecom services and equipment at a level necessary and appropriate for fulfilling the department's responsibilities.
• Ensure that telecom service and equipment vendors meet and maintain ESPN technical and operational standards.
• When required, oversee provision of Network Traffic equipment to remote venues.
• Periodic weekend and evening hours required.
• Minimum of two years of academic or workplace broadcasting or communications experience strongly preferred.
• Candidate must possess strong communications and interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
• Candidate must be able to maintain attention to detail and work independently in a demanding deadline driven environment.
• Travel, including passport-based international trips, required for assigned events.
• Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
• Has basic knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• Has a basic understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
• High School Diploma
• College degree in communications or related field
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.